Home

Is passing actually easier on Heisman?

This is a discussion on Is passing actually easier on Heisman? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2011, 09:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Is passing actually easier on Heisman?

I hear they play less zone on Heisman, which is when the cpu plays the unrealistic super defense. Is this true?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 10:29 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Is passing actually easier on Heisman?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sphanlon
I hear they play less zone on Heisman, which is when the cpu plays the unrealistic super defense. Is this true?
Not really. You just have to learn what the defense is playing. I bought this game today. Went straight to Heisman. It's easier to Pass then Run. But at the same time, I get good runs by opening up the pass first. Sometimes you have to be patient even though your line is breaking down. Cause if the defense is in zone, you can EASILY find the hole(s). Just have to time everything right.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:53 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

I hear people saying that the CPU is in man most of the time on Heisman but almost everytime I line up to pass it seems like there in zone.. I might see them in man a few times a game but not much..
Old 07-24-2011, 10:58 PM   #4
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
I hear people saying that the CPU is in man most of the time on Heisman but almost everytime I line up to pass it seems like there in zone.. I might see them in man a few times a game but not much..
majority IS man when on heisman. I know I played as OK st and blackmon BURNED OU's cb's dang near at will. It was a disaster
Old 07-24-2011, 11:19 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 20

I play on Heisman and it seems like they play zone every play, so ...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 11:48 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Yeah I'm seeing mostly zone.. I'm always hoping the get in man so I can shred them with certain routes but they rarely do..
Old 07-25-2011, 12:18 AM   #7
Rookie

Card-me's Arena

OVR: 7

Everybody is different, but I find passing much easier on Heisman, excluding the pass rush. It depends on your skill level, though. You have to be able to pass against the zone a little bit to get them to go to man. On AA, they'll play zone basically all the time, and it's always the same difficulty, which is to say, unrealistic and a crap shoot (though exploitable as always). On Heisman, if you can make a few good passes against the zone at the start of the game, they'll start blitzing you so that you have almost no time to pass. So either go to the quick routes or turn down the CPU pass rush and it's open season.

In my QB RTG, I more than doubled my YPG by switching from All-American to Heisman and turning CPU pass rush down to 40. Of course, part of that is because my CPU RB ended up averaging about 0.6 ypc on Heisman and my throws per game went up by about 10.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:21 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Just finished a game with LSU (me) @ Alabama CT..I lost 25-39. I threw 5 sloppy INT's. Throughout the game, they were in zone. Rarely, were they in man coverage. Guess it's safe to say, when on Heisman, Defense is in zone 3/4 of the time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »