Home

Booth Reviews: Holy crap they work!

This is a discussion on Booth Reviews: Holy crap they work! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-24-2011, 11:14 PM   #1
MVP

RebelHog's Arena

OVR: 8
Booth Reviews: Holy crap they work!

I just had an incredible game as my Dynasty team UCA Bears playing at Georgia Tech, I drove the length of the field with 1:00 to go, on 4th and 5 from the 15 with :05 seconds left, I just throw it to the end zone.

WR caught it in the back running out. The initial ruling on the field was incomplete game over. Then it comes back to the referee saying the player is under review. It shows the replays it clearly shows one foot in.

It comes back and says the ruling on the field has been overturned. With all the glitches, and broke things. I am very happy to see that this works with little problem.

Has this happened to anybody else?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2011, 11:18 PM   #2
Rookie

Antonio865's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Booth Reviews: Holy crap they work!

Booth reviews work but coach challenges never do making them pointless. Just yesterday my RB ran for 5 yards to the endzone but he got tackled at the one and momentum took him in the endzone clearly his knees did not go down until after he went in. Challenged it with no overturn.
Old 07-24-2011, 11:19 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I love that they got this fixed. It makes it so exciting waiting to see what the Commentator will say too..
Old 07-24-2011, 11:30 PM   #4
MVP

g2thecore's Arena

OVR: 22

Yes it's good to see that work. Unfortunately, it worked against me last night. I was trying to stop the CPU's late drive to win the game, and their receiver caught a sideline pass that was first ruled as an incomplete. But then the booth reviewed it, and overturned the call. Of course, it led to me losing the game. I wasn't very happy after that. Though they got the call right. lol
Old 07-24-2011, 11:42 PM   #5
Banned

Sabo's corked Bat's Arena

Ground causes my RB to fumble, I challenge, and they question the spot of the ball. Both review might work right most of the time, but challenges dont.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 12:02 AM   #6
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

From what I've seen, the booth reviews work, but they only even call for one if it's GOING to be overturned. Maybe I'm wrong, but that seems to be the vast majority of them. Have yet to have a coach's challenge work, which is frustrating. Also, it doesn't really know WHAT you're challenging - if you try to say that the receiver never possessed the ball before fumbling, the review will often just check to see if the fumble happened before the ballcarrier's knee was down, which of course it always is.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:15 AM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
From what I've seen, the booth reviews work, but they only even call for one if it's GOING to be overturned. Maybe I'm wrong, but that seems to be the vast majority of them. Have yet to have a coach's challenge work, which is frustrating. Also, it doesn't really know WHAT you're challenging - if you try to say that the receiver never possessed the ball before fumbling, the review will often just check to see if the fumble happened before the ballcarrier's knee was down, which of course it always is.
I've seen the call Stand. A couple of times. But as you said, vast majority, and that is true. I think I have seen it be overturned probably 8/11 times in Four Seasons.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:21 AM   #8
Rookie

Strmtrp's Arena

OVR: 4

I was playing my brother last week and he had a catch reviewed by the booth and called out of bounds when the animation clearly showed his foot in bounds when he caught the ball, so I wouldn't say the system is perfect. It does seem to work well for the most part though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »