Home

Question about Recruiting Sense.....

This is a discussion on Question about Recruiting Sense..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2011, 02:21 AM   #1
MVP

stewart#28's Arena

OVR: 0
Question about Recruiting Sense.....

Two things about recruiting...

1. Example....I'm Idaho, located in Moscow...about 5 miles away is Pullman home of the Washington State Cougars...anyway in my OD when recruiting against WSU if location comes up...if the recruit is from WA WSU get's a A+ while Idaho gets a B+....I know it's nitpicking, but I wish it wasn't this way.

2. Say I recruit a play that is not located geographical close to my team....but importance is low to that, it would seem if when that comes up I would get higher points for that, but it usually only results in 20 or less, which doesn't seem to make sense? if that makes sense?
12' 12-4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 03:09 AM   #2
MVP

tetoleetd's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Question about Recruiting Sense.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewart#28
Two things about recruiting...

1. Example....I'm Idaho, located in Moscow...about 5 miles away is Pullman home of the Washington State Cougars...anyway in my OD when recruiting against WSU if location comes up...if the recruit is from WA WSU get's a A+ while Idaho gets a B+....I know it's nitpicking, but I wish it wasn't this way.

2. Say I recruit a play that is not located geographical close to my team....but importance is low to that, it would seem if when that comes up I would get higher points for that, but it usually only results in 20 or less, which doesn't seem to make sense? if that makes sense?
i dont understand what ur saying for number 2. it makes perfect sense that if a recruit doesnt care about location and u use that pitch, that u will get low points.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:18 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think when the importance is low for proximity, it means the recruit doesn't care about distance.. Not so much he'd rather be far away, but just doesn't care.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:23 AM   #4
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

I understand exactly what he's saying. It seems like recruiting point logic should be based on a inverse bell curve. if the guy is interested in something I'm good at, I should get more points. But if the guy has absolutely no interest in something I'm bad at, I should too. For instance if I'm all the way across the country but the kid could care less about proximity to home, that should count in my favor. Heck maybe that means he WANTS to be far from home. Some kids do. Same for other pitches.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:01 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

1. The game doesn't take into account where the campus is located, it only goes by state location. I don't think you should have gotten a B+ maybe an A- or A.

2. Being close to home is something good. The recruit is saying that he really doesn't care about how far he goes away from his state.
It is not saying that he wants to get away from his state, so you shouldnt get more points
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 08:20 AM   #6
Rookie

awkwardmoment's Arena

OVR: 3

By that logic, if a recruit is low interest on conference prestige, it means you would get extra points for being in an awful conference?

perfect sense right there!
Old 07-25-2011, 09:16 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Yea, you are reaching on 2. It does not make sense to give points because he's not interested, else then you could just pitch everything the guy doesn't care about and rack up points... which is illogical. "I'm going after this guy for what he doesn't care about, not what he wants."

1 shouldn't be that bad, but you still have to leave your home state so Washington schools should be higher than Idaho schools for a Washington resident.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:16 PM   #8
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkwardmoment
By that logic, if a recruit is low interest on conference prestige, it means you would get extra points for being in an awful conference?

perfect sense right there!
You're right that makes no sense. But then the whole system makes no sense really. Why would the recruit even bring up something he doesn't care about? And why would I bring it up if I'm no good at it? Realistically the only topics that would come up would be ones either I'm good at or he cares about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »