Home

Can you get offered a job while under contract?

This is a discussion on Can you get offered a job while under contract? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2011, 04:46 PM   #9
Pro

gamemaster-2005's Arena

OVR: 8
yes you can but most offers are at small schools for OCT or DC positions maybe a lower school offers you a HC job.
Old 07-25-2011, 04:55 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Can you get offered a job while under contract?

Yes you can, but the deals aren't always good. When I was under contract, I was on the Short-list for Offensive Coordinating Alabama, but didn't land the job. But I was also offered a OC job at Duke. I would of maybe taken the Alabama gig, but so far, the Realism in that is very good.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:18 PM   #11
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

I was the DC at WKU for 3 years. The first 2 years I had 0 (count 'em. 0) offers to go anywhere else. Which is pretty realistic, even though I was meeting my goals, I was the DC of a crappy and then mediocre Sun Belt team.

However, in the 3rd (and final) year of my contract we were an 8 win team, and I got offers to be the DC at a bunch of places, and even HC at some crappy MAC and WAC schools. The best two offers I got were DC jobs at BYU and Florida State. Ended up going to FSU.

They definitely don't just hand head coaching jobs at major schools out to you, which is nice to see.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2011, 09:11 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 14

In my 4th year of my dynasty I was the OC of CAL. I somehow ran the table and went undefeated the regular season, but got blown out in the championship game by USC. I still had 2 years in my contract but got offered an OC job at UGA which I took. I play on AA.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:35 PM   #13
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

After 1 year as OC at Oregon State, I got offered the HC at San Jose State. After 4 years and no good job offers, I stuck my contract out. And I didn't know that I either had to sign with SJSU right then or that was it, so I went to the coaching carousel. The Wisconsin, Penn State, and Purdue HC were open. I applied at Wisconsin and got denied. So I go back and try to sign another contract with SJSU, but they already got another coach. I then applied and was accepted at Penn State (3* at the time).
Old 07-31-2011, 09:38 PM   #14
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriech23
After 1 year as OC at Oregon State, I got offered the HC at San Jose State. After 4 years and no good job offers, I stuck my contract out. And I didn't know that I either had to sign with SJSU right then or that was it, so I went to the coaching carousel. The Wisconsin, Penn State, and Purdue HC were open. I applied at Wisconsin and got denied. So I go back and try to sign another contract with SJSU, but they already got another coach. I then applied and was accepted at Penn State (3* at the time).
How do you "apply" for a job? I was wondering if you could do this, to try and get a job you want, but couldn't figure out how to do it.

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 08-01-2011, 12:20 AM   #15
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
How do you "apply" for a job? I was wondering if you could do this, to try and get a job you want, but couldn't figure out how to do it.
Well, the only way I know how is just to click on the coaching carousel bar. Once you enter it, it has your offers and your unexpected offers, and if your not first of the three on the list, then you have to "apply" for the job. Sometimes you get it and other times you don't. Then if your denied the position, sometimes there are offered different/better jobs to go along with the other offers that were there previously. Hope that helps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2011, 01:25 AM   #16
MVP

MrArlingtonBeach's Arena

OVR: 11

As others have said...yes, you get offers in the middle of contracts.

I started as an offensive coordinator at FAU. After year one of a two-year deal, I was offered and accepted the Texas Tech OC job. After year one of a three-year deal at TTU, I was hired as the head coach at Wake Forest.

I would have stayed as an OC for longer, but the fact that TV games don't get counted when you're a coordinator ruined that for me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »