Home

Controlling a DT/DE

This is a discussion on Controlling a DT/DE within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2011, 09:46 AM   #1
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14
Controlling a DT/DE

Maybe someone can shed a little light on this for me. How, exactly, do you untilize defensive lineman moves, without diving head first into the turf? While I realize pushing the r-stick in various directions is used to trigger block shedding maneuvers. 3 out of 4 times I do this, my player ends up face down on the ground. Am I missing something?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 09:57 AM   #2
Rookie

teammaxwell's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Controlling a DT/DE

nope, same thing happens to me. occasionally I will be able to bull rush the OL, but 9 out of 10, nose dive to the dirt and the QB runs right by me.

Old 07-25-2011, 09:59 AM   #3
Rookie

husker237's Arena

OVR: 3

Wish I could tell you. Same thing is happening to me unless my DE is a stud and the Tackle is garbage.
Old 07-25-2011, 10:01 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Engage first, don't just hit the sticks at the snap (unless you are trying to jump), that will help a bit. You will still get thrown to the ground, but not as often probably.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:10 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

I dont even play defense anymore because of that.
I used to just take the LE and pass rush but he just falls down every time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 11:14 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

There is definetely a way to do it.

I don't know how either but I played someone online who does.

I played someone online just now who was destroying as a DT, he would throw off the block and clog the running lanes and shoot right thru for the sack on passing downs

Try not to hit down on the stick at all.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #7
Rookie

BoJackson16's Arena

OVR: 2

I use a DT and i get by the o-line by make sure i re blitz him in pre snap pretty sure its X and right stick down. once the ball is snap i move both sticks down while holding r2, i have auto sprint off. i just find my best block shedding and power move dt when ever i pick a team and if i cant get by on the first series i flip him to the other side to see if the match up better.
Old 07-25-2011, 11:48 AM   #8
Producer - EA Sports

Bumble14's Arena

OVR: 25

It's pretty easy actually. Make sure to engage the Olineman before touching your right stick. So you pull down on L stick until you engage. Once engaged play to your linemans strength on the R stick---if he has a high spin move rating use that, if power, use that. This means you either roll the R stick right or left, or press it down or up.

DO NOT twirl the stick madly without a plan, this is when you will get automatically thrown on the ground. Also realize that you will not be busting through the line every play...the more off balance you keep the offense via the blitz and mixing up plays the better.

Follow me on Twitter: CMcLeod_EA https://twitter.com/CMcLeod_EA

www.EASports.com

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »