Home

If MLBs really played like this, nobody would pass in the middle!

This is a discussion on If MLBs really played like this, nobody would pass in the middle! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2011, 11:07 AM   #1
Rookie

Frost33's Arena

OVR: 3
If MLBs really played like this, nobody would pass in the middle!

I will start off by saying that the MLBs are no where near as bad this year, as they were at the start of last year, but that isn't saying much. I've had SO many passes across the middle knocked down by a MLB playing zone and somehow jumping into the air and swatting down the ball. I have yet to see one jump up to swat a ball and miss, which would actually make it more livable when they do knock it down.

It's very frustrating to have a MLB moving to his right only to have a perfect jump back to his left to swat a ball.

Quickly ruining the game for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
MVP

gator3guy's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: If MLBs really played like this, nobody would pass in the middle!

Yeah it's annoying. It's like Dwight Howard camping in the paint. They have to find the right balance. Instead of making the defense ridiculous and the receivers dropping passes at a record pace, they should start with the QB. They need to overhaul the passing in this game.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:41 PM   #3
Banned

Daniels2386's Arena

OVR: 2

I think everyone can relate to Super LB's lol. It does seem at times that these games (not just this year) has no depth perception. Like the game doesnt take into 'good' enough consideration of placement.

There is no ' touch' in this/these games.
Its hard to be the 'Peyton Manning' of college football when you cant really put the football where you want. Its hard for me to pass with any confidence. I know and trust what I see. Its just that I dont know what the game is going to do lol
Old 07-25-2011, 12:47 PM   #4
Rookie

Buckstopshere's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniels2386
I think everyone can relate to Super LB's lol. It does seem at times that these games (not just this year) has no depth perception. Like the game doesnt take into 'good' enough consideration of placement.

There is no ' touch' in this/these games.
Its hard to be the 'Peyton Manning' of college football when you cant really put the football where you want. Its hard for me to pass with any confidence. I know and trust what I see. Its just that I dont know what the game is going to do lol
So true. Even just playing on varsity and using a team with superior talent and trying to make the right reads and be smart and all that I've never been as gun shy like I am this year with this game.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:47 PM   #5
Pro

JalenTigh's Arena

OVR: 6

I honestly do not know what everyone is complaining about, unless of course they have never played this game before. Superman LB's are not nearly as bad as last year. Yeah, its still a little bit annoying at times, but its a great improvement. I have not seen half as many balls knocked down as in the past versions of the game.

Georgia

College Basketball
Maryland
Georgetown

NFL
Washington Redskins
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 12:51 PM   #6
Rookie

Buckstopshere's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenTigh
I honestly do not know what everyone is complaining about, unless of course they have never played this game before. Superman LB's are not nearly as bad as last year. Yeah, its still a little bit annoying at times, but its a great improvement. I have not seen half as many balls knocked down as in the past versions of the game.
I've never skipped a year and have played this and Madden since day one back on the Genesis.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:55 PM   #7
MVP

Roggie's Arena

OVR: 17

It's not that the LBs jump ridiculously high this year. It's that they have zero weight while other players seem to have weight. They can be strafing full speed to the left, then somehow start going right without ever planting their foot or having to shift their weight, causing them to slow down, then jump up and bat down/pick off a pass. I'd rather them jump high in the air then magically warp backwards and knock down a pass.
Chicago Bulls
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Detroit Lions

Old 07-25-2011, 09:30 PM   #8
Rookie

acreyman's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roggie
It's not that the LBs jump ridiculously high this year. It's that they have zero weight while other players seem to have weight. They can be strafing full speed to the left, then somehow start going right without ever planting their foot or having to shift their weight, causing them to slow down, then jump up and bat down/pick off a pass. I'd rather them jump high in the air then magically warp backwards and knock down a pass.

U nailed it.....I get all excited when I read the D right and I KNOW I have a window in the D and I pass the ball and WHAM!!!! That LB just did some crazy gravity defying jump all the sudden away from where his momentum would have really made him go and swats the ball down. Im getting PEEVED and I personally think this year is WORSE when it comes to super LB's

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »