Home

Coaching Mode

This is a discussion on Coaching Mode within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2011, 11:20 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Coaching Mode

Is there a Coaching Mode option, where you can just call the plays and the game plays itself, I don't have to control any player?
If there is, what's the opinion on that? If not, what's the game-play option that's as close to that as possible?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 11:23 AM   #2
MVP

BrnwsBucksFanNC's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Coaching Mode

Yes there is. When you get ready to start the game, after you select which team you want to play as, you can select the controller layout you want. There is "Regular", "1 Button" and "Coach".
Old 07-25-2011, 11:25 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

I love coach mode. It gets you every loss you deserve, at least on All-American. You don't go undefeated as a really bad team with it, and that's why I love it. Uhh, what the guy above me said.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:28 PM   #4
Rookie

w00dy Hayezz's Arena

OVR: 4

One thing i found that bummed me out was that it would not let 2 users go coach mode against each other in an online dynasty. My friend and i are offensive coordinators in the MAC and we both reached the conference championship game against each other. We were both disapointed to find that when we went to play the game we did not have coach mode as an option and we had to play a normal game.
Old 07-25-2011, 01:31 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 7

What the f*ck? Seriously? Maybe that's a bug... I had planned on starting an online coach mode dynasty but that completely makes it pointless...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2011, 01:46 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dy Hayezz
One thing i found that bummed me out was that it would not let 2 users go coach mode against each other in an online dynasty. My friend and i are offensive coordinators in the MAC and we both reached the conference championship game against each other. We were both disapointed to find that when we went to play the game we did not have coach mode as an option and we had to play a normal game.

yeah, not getting that one...seems like the time has come for online coach mode games

One cool thing about NBA2k11 is you can assign a VIP (in the options screen, not just the main VIP assigned at the quick game menu) to the team you are coaching and then put player lock on...you will actually see a circle around that one player and it is like coaching yourself...of course i play every game against a certain VIP profile as well....hope EA brings in something like VIP soon
Old 07-25-2011, 02:55 PM   #7
Rookie

w00dy Hayezz's Arena

OVR: 4

We were really looking forward to coaching against the other's defense and watching in between, really suprised me that this couldn't happen. We did have a great game that came down to a last second field goal at least.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:17 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 7

Anyone know if this a BUG or intended (lack of Coach mode in vs OD)...

Last edited by fldash; 07-25-2011 at 09:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »