Home

EA & Consumer Respect

This is a discussion on EA & Consumer Respect within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2012, 06:43 PM   #665
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: EA & Consumer Respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeafroman
Why not produce a new NCAA title every other year? This would allow for EXTENSIVE testing AND time to make changes.

After a year, they could release a roster-only patch in July, which would be the 'new' game (2nd year). Then the next July, release a new game, 2 years in the making.

Is that an awful idea?
For the consumers it's a great idea, for EA it's a horrible idea. If they sell, lets say just for numbers purposes, 4 million copies of NCAA 13, they aren't going to sell 8 million copies of NCAA 15 if they take a year off. They'd rather sell another 4 million copies for NCAA 14 and another 4 million for NCAA 15. Now that's just for arguments sake so don't get hung up on the numbers, the point is they won't be able to make up the money they wouldn't make in the year off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2012, 06:46 PM   #666
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunbot
Doesn't really help that much. I'm not going to harp on EA's track record but if they're going to follow the MMO subscription model I don't think they fair much better. Blizzard's World of Warcraft is beta tested by people before they patch anything and it's still met with problems every time a major patch hits. Anywhere from server instability, FPS issues, quest glitches to even the Ulduar raid which was highly tested on beta crashed servers and players whenever they would go inside of any instanced part of the world.

It's a good thought but even tested content doesn't hold up that well. Warcraft gets on the bugs and glitches pretty fast but I don't have faith it'd end up well on a console or sports game.
Never played WoW. Sad to hear. I'm getting over the issue I suppose. I'm just irritated today because my O.D. game crashed twice. I talked to my commish and just super simmed the game. I'm just want the game to improve like everyone else. The method to me doesn't really matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeafroman
Why not produce a new NCAA title every other year? This would allow for EXTENSIVE testing AND time to make changes.

After a year, they could release a roster-only patch in July, which would be the 'new' game (2nd year). Then the next July, release a new game, 2 years in the making.

Is that an awful idea?
I don't ever see it happening but I think it is a fair idea.
2017: 93-69 - Swept by Red Sox in World Series
2018: 100-62 - Swept by Dodgers in NLCS
2019: 14-11

Last edited by boxboy99; 07-22-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:27 PM   #667
Rookie

OVR: 2

We still can't challenge calls in users games. SMH
Old 07-22-2012, 08:23 PM   #668
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

@orange afroman, YES! I agree. I think there are some years where all we are really paying for is an updated roster with a few minor tweaks. This would def be fair, but EA can't make money doing it.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:44 PM   #669
Pro

der juicen's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftcoastrider
We still can't challenge calls in users games. SMH
Both sides can't challenge, it's pretty equal.
Old 07-22-2012, 11:09 PM   #670
MVP

OVR: 12

The Show is considered one of the best sports titles ever made, and even non baseball fans can usually agree to that.

Look at the sales numbers for that game... Even though the game is an amazing representation of the sport, its had declining sales.

The answer to that is simple...its that they made an amazing game to start with, and didnt need 20 years to refine it....the game released so good and so polished, that many people dont find the need to upgrade at all.

On the flip side of the coin, every year without fail, NCAA or Madden have some game crippling issues left in the game on purpose, to further the "maybe next year" crowd into highly looking forward to the next years iteration where they "fix", what they broke on purpose in the first place.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:44 AM   #671
MVP

jkra0512's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
The Show is considered one of the best sports titles ever made, and even non baseball fans can usually agree to that.

Look at the sales numbers for that game... Even though the game is an amazing representation of the sport, its had declining sales.

The answer to that is simple...its that they made an amazing game to start with, and didnt need 20 years to refine it....the game released so good and so polished, that many people dont find the need to upgrade at all.

On the flip side of the coin, every year without fail, NCAA or Madden have some game crippling issues left in the game on purpose, to further the "maybe next year" crowd into highly looking forward to the next years iteration where they "fix", what they broke on purpose in the first place.
Let's not get into conspiracy theories here, please...
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »