Home

Wow the CPU rocket catches like a pro now....

This is a discussion on Wow the CPU rocket catches like a pro now.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2011, 08:13 PM   #1
Pro

nyqua's Arena

OVR: 6
Wow the CPU rocket catches like a pro now....

They seem to have removed it for human players, but the CPU is able to rocket catch at will. Seems like every deep pass to a WR is lobbed up, the WR squares up and rocket catches it.

At least 90% of deep passes I give up to the CPU are because of this. I really don't know how to stop it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 12:02 PM   #2
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Wow the CPU rocket catches like a pro now....

Unless the CPU has a couple steps I usually just away down the deep ball, I don't think the CPU receivers fight all that hard for catches.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:22 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Agree. I was playing Oregon using LSU in dynasty and Darron Thomas threw a lob to Tunei 50 yards downfield. My DBs stand and dont fight for the ball while Tunei stops because the ball is underthrown and does a vertical jump over my players and catches it. It has happened to me many times, DBs dont fight for ball.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:33 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 1

I agree... cpu rocket's, our guy's stand their like Nick Saban's statue, and I'll also throw in that is seems to very difficult to make plays on the ball b/c you can't get square on jump balls...
Old 07-26-2011, 12:36 PM   #5
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyqua
They seem to have removed it for human players, but the CPU is able to rocket catch at will. Seems like every deep pass to a WR is lobbed up, the WR squares up and rocket catches it.

At least 90% of deep passes I give up to the CPU are because of this. I really don't know how to stop it.
Same crap happening to me. I just lost two games in a row where I was winning with seconds left in the game only to have Louisville and UCF throw a hail marry into the endzone and win the game. My DB's just stood there while the WR goes up and catches the ball.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #6
Pro

nyqua's Arena

OVR: 6

Happened to me 5 times last game. I was able to bat down 2 of them and hit the receiver to force it incomplete once. But the other 2 went for about 50 yard catches and a TD.

Very annoying that they make human WRs stay on the ground and never jump, yet CPU WRs can jump when they need to.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:43 PM   #7
Rookie

Buckstopshere's Arena

OVR: 4

I've seen more than just this.

Super CPU is alive and well in this game, at least for me, and part of its bag of tricks is indeed the rocket catching at will.

I can have a team handily beat by a good 2-3 TDs and usually by around the fourth quarter the CPU simply decides it's time to start catching up and when that happens there's simply no stopping it.

I can watch it hit fast TDs with the run or the pass and see consecutive onside kick recoveries at a rate that makes my head spin. I've seen 2 TDs and two consecutive onside kick recoveries inside of 60 seconds easily.

It's too bad there isn't a momentum controller or some such like in years past.

I like a healthy challenge and in a lot of ways the game delivers that legitimately but there's some definite cheese factor that the CPU gives itself all the time.

And don't even get me started on how handily a booth review always happens to help it out, too.

Incidentally: There's no pass interference in this game whatsoever that I've seen even with the sliders maxed out.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:09 PM   #8
Rookie

Romain El 82's Arena

OVR: 2

I was beating ND 20-14 yesterday with my Michigan squad. Six seconds left in the game, I run a cover-4 to prevent the deep bomb...Crist throws to a wide-open WR (somehow behind my coverage, but running a corner (?) route, which will pin him against the sideline at the 30-yard line). The ball has too much air under it, thankfully, so I have two DBs catch up. Knowing they're both going to stand there, I control one and go for the knockdown. The CPU-controlled DB stands like a moron, as expected, and I knock the ball down, as expected...then the CPU WR warps three feet over, catches the deflection, and sprints downfield. Still retaining control over the DB which knocked down the pass, I catch up, furious, and try to tackle the guy...he breaks the tackle. Enraged, I notice the slowdown from breaking the tackle has allowed another DB to catch up, and he attempts to tackle. Tackle broken, touchdown. I promptly turned the game off. What a joke.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »