Home

Man, it is downright creepy how much NCAA 2002 looks like the current gen. With vids

This is a discussion on Man, it is downright creepy how much NCAA 2002 looks like the current gen. With vids within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2011, 12:21 AM   #9
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Man, it is downright creepy how much NCAA 2002 looks like the current gen. With

There were so many money plays in '02-'04 but the games were insanely fun. Twin-I Counter was a Heisman-making machine for any RB. Dual drags were money if you let the underneath WR get far enough across the formation. I can't remember if it was '02 or '03 but with a nasty WR curls were basically cheese, you could time it right and make the catch and instantly cut to the outside and burn the CB for a touchdown. Post patterns were automatic on any level all three years.

Manually controlling a DB was never more fun in a video game either. My college roommate had 16 or 18 INTs with a Boston College CB one year but didn't win the Heisman of course.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 07-26-2011, 12:25 AM   #10
Banned

belucheez's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Man, it is downright creepy how much NCAA 2002 looks like the current gen. With

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
There were so many money plays in '02-'04 but the games were insanely fun. Twin-I Counter was a Heisman-making machine for any RB. Dual drags were money if you let the underneath WR get far enough across the formation. I can't remember if it was '02 or '03 but with a nasty WR curls were basically cheese, you could time it right and make the catch and instantly cut to the outside and burn the CB for a touchdown. Post patterns were automatic on any level all three years.

Manually controlling a DB was never more fun in a video game either. My college roommate had 16 or 18 INTs with a Boston College CB one year but didn't win the Heisman of course.
Oh so the Heisman stuff is still that same as back then? Wow. I just had a RTG on NCAA 11 as a QB. Had 4000 passing yards and 1000+ rushing yards with 35 passing tds and 10 rushing tds. Still didn't win Heisman.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:26 AM   #11
Rookie

zdmetal's Arena

OVR: 6

I've never heard so many reading mistakes. He can't even say "dynasty" he said "destiny". I lol'd so hard at this.

Edit: Just finished the video and realized the guy probably has a speech impediment, now I feel like an a-hole, sorry.

Last edited by zdmetal; 07-26-2011 at 12:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 12:32 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zdmetal
I've never heard so many reading mistakes. He can't even say "dynasty" he said "destiny". I lol'd so hard at this.

Edit: Just finished the video and realized the guy probably has a speech impediment, now I feel like an a-hole, sorry.
Yeah dont worry, I was kinda chuckling at some of the mispronunciations as well.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:59 AM   #13
Pro

I3RIS3H's Arena

OVR: 8

Not creepy.. I would just say how EA just doesn't give a damn about their consumers.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:01 AM   #14
Rookie

ncaa 2002 was amazing when u consider that it was the first installment on the ps2 and that it was 10 years ago. took ea like 5 years this generation to match it.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:09 AM   #15
Rookie

dizturbdazhole's Arena

EA had competition back then. I know some EA-loving OS mod is going to hate that I said this, but it's the truth!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 01:11 AM   #16
MVP

HarkTheSound's Arena

OVR: 11

NCAA 02 has the greatest intro vid in any football game ever made.

Bengals
UNC Tar Heels(Football and Basketball)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »