Home

recruiting level

This is a discussion on recruiting level within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2011, 11:13 AM   #25
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: recruiting level

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
IMO, only Heisman provides a somewhat realistic challenge for Users. Anything else is too easy.

Only if you're using a top 10 school. Try using a lesser program like Illinois, or a small school. VERY different experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 11:16 AM   #26
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
Only if you're using a top 10 school. Try using a lesser program like Illinois, or a small school. VERY different experience.
Definetly agree....i can't imagine how many quality recruits i'd grab on Heisman playing with Rutgers whose 3*
Old 09-14-2011, 12:52 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

I honestly don't feel like there is much of a difference between All-American and Varsity except for 2 topic changes instead of 3. And that's from an FAU dynasty I'm working on. My GT dynasty is getting better recruits, but I've also won 2 NCs and moved their prestige up to 6. At this point I just switch it to AA at the beginning of a dynasty, and leave it there. I may try to step it up to Heisman soon though.

I can still lure recruits away from bigger schools (when I'm at Tech, no chance at either difficulty at FAU), you just have to figure out your times and hold on for your visit. If you can consistently get "A" visits, you will rake in the good recruits.

One trick for those of you not getting good classes, around mid-season, go look at all the recruits. Look for recruits who have about 1 star above you prestige ranking, and look to see what stage they're at. If they are top 8 or top 10, even if they aren't interested in you, drop an hour on them and see if you can crack into their list. If they are still top 8 or 10, that means no one is recruiting them, and they may settle for you. I've gotten so many great players this way.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:01 PM   #28
Rookie

sniperscout75's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
I start all my dynasties with a one star program and it is usually Akron. It doesnt get any lower. With Akron im still able to recruit effectively but again its realistic to me.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:29 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 22

I just recruited this 4* bruiser RB to Kentucky, he has B+ stats in all the important areas, not sure why he's 4* (although, some 4* is better than 5*) with that being said

SEC PREPARE YOURSELF
Old 09-14-2011, 07:27 PM   #30
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

I'm at Louisville, started at three star prestige then went up to four after one year. My two classes rankings have been 52 and 39. On All-American or Varsity I would definitely have classes in the top 30 or maybe even the top 25. I shouldn't get those kinds of classes yet considering the level of most of my pitches.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:48 PM   #31
Pro

sycodmn's Arena

OVR: 5

Heisman is the only level I use. Anything else is too easy. Even using, say, an Akron, Kent State, or North Texas (with that sweet, sweet, Texas talent pool), I do fine. Hell, I can pull in Top 25 classes with at least one 2*, albeit UCLA, who has amazing pitches for a 2*. It's very realistic, but you have to be selective and pay attention, if you start losing a guy, you sometimes have to just drop him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2011, 08:31 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 0

So I switched to All American from Varsity and the only difference Ive noticed is that recruits will remain undecided even when I have the green bar filled for a little bit longer.

Does recruiting difficulty level effect anything else? Like how many prospects are interested in the first place? Or ho many points you get?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »