Home

So I just had an OD win changed to a loss

This is a discussion on So I just had an OD win changed to a loss within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 11:47 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
So I just had an OD win changed to a loss

I've followed all of the bugs and glitches on here, and I've been ultra patient with this game, but this one actually makes ME feel dumb for giving EA Sports money. I do hope this game is fixed, but only so I can keep it for years to come and never give this EA franchise another dime.

In my 3-person Online Dynasty, we've had problems the whole time with trying to upload highlights and photos from the game. Usually once exiting the game and returning to the dynasty menu, it will say something to the effect of "Unable to connect to the EA servers." You can hit "try again" all you want but it never works. Sometimes one photo will make it, or one highlight, but never all of them.

Annoying, but tolerable. Today, after a hard fought 27-14 win over a CPU rival, upon returning to the menu it says "Unable to connect to the online dynasty" (paraprhased). My only options at this point are to try again or exit the online dynasty. This has my worried, as I don't want to lose the outcome of my game. After several try agains, I exit and then re-load my OD from the main menu. It still says I won 27-14 so all appears well, and I advance the week.

After advancing the week, it says I am 6-1 rather than 7-0, and that I lost the game 45-20. Mind you, this was after I already saved the OD file. So there you have it. I now have a loss that never acutally happened, and I have no way of going back.

I know it's been said several times and I don't need to beat the dead horse, but it will make me feel better. I see no need for me to give EA $60 every year to test their games for them, so they can expect not to be getting any more of my money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 11:52 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: So I just had an OD win changed to a loss

Where is it saying that you lost at? I noticed on my OD in the dynasty central where all users teams are listed. Had a user who had won but showed he lost. So I checked his schedule and was showing he won the game with the correct score.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:59 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I'm going off memory since I'm at work, so bear with me.

When I exited and re-loaded a 2nd time to make sure I wasn't imagining things, the load screen had my record as 6-1. Then the recap in dynasty wire had the 45-20 story. So then I went to conference standings and it had me at 6-1 rather than 7-0.

The website also has the same information. I even got the update e-mail saying I won 27-14, followed minutes later by the week recap e-mail saying I lost 45-20.

Honestly, I hope that maybe if I play my next game and advance another week that things may correct themselves, but I'm not too optimistic. And even if that were the case, I don't think that excuses the error... it's sloppy.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:05 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 7

make sure you also post this bug in the official bug/glitches thread. I know there were already several on there about Online Dynasty, but I don't remember reading a win turned into a loss. The programmers need every little bit of info to correct the bugs via patch.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:48 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

In '10 and possibly '11 there was a bug where you'd win a game but received a loss instead when you advanced. This was cause you users (not necessarily the one with the bugged loss) saving the OD file when it asks you to do so. Because of this, it's safest to never save the file. If you or your 2 friends save the OD file, then you might be getting hit with that bug.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2011, 01:07 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

Lmao. Im not laughing at you.

Just at all of us being suckered by EA
Old 07-26-2011, 01:22 PM   #7
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

use the glitch thread...locked.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »