Home

Why is pumping up the crowd necessary?

This is a discussion on Why is pumping up the crowd necessary? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2011, 12:49 PM   #1
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6
Why is pumping up the crowd necessary?

I've always wondered why you have to sometimes work so hard to get the home crowd into a game. In a lot of moments where the crowd should be able to figure out it's time to go nuts on their own, I have to tell them to do it just to get them to make a little bit of noise. I think the animation should stay, being able to manually doing it could probably even stay, but if my stadium is one of the "toughest places to play", i don't see why a player on the field would have to play conductor for 100k fans to realize it's time to get loud.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 01:46 PM   #2
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: Why is pumping up the crowd necessary?

It's useless also, the crowd volume is bad anyways. I've played in the toughest stadiums and it has done nothing to prevent the away teams from converting key plays and scoring touchdowns. It's all for show, nothing concrete with that in this game.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Don't know either but you see it all the time in real college football games.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:07 PM   #4
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTwolves21
It's useless also, the crowd volume is bad anyways. I've played in the toughest stadiums and it has done nothing to prevent the away teams from converting key plays and scoring touchdowns. It's all for show, nothing concrete with that in this game.
Unless you have access to the program code you can't make that assessment. There could be some small awareness etc deduction depending on crowd noise and situation. But we have no way of knowing if there is, or if the momentum thing is still there, or any of that. It's all anecdotal.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:19 PM   #5
Banned

DaTwolves21's Arena

OVR: 17

What? This isn't brain surgery, it's obvious it's only for show. Program code,what are you talking about? Oh my bad, I hadn't realized from all the crowd noise threads, that it worked, here's a tip, stop trying to sound smart and realize there is no advantage to the crowd noise which doesn't exist. It's a poorly displayed gimmick.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2011, 02:22 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
I've always wondered why you have to sometimes work so hard to get the home crowd into a game. In a lot of moments where the crowd should be able to figure out it's time to go nuts on their own, I have to tell them to do it just to get them to make a little bit of noise. I think the animation should stay, being able to manually doing it could probably even stay, but if my stadium is one of the "toughest places to play", i don't see why a player on the field would have to play conductor for 100k fans to realize it's time to get loud.
As much as I agree with you, I think your logic is a little off. I remember back with the Tampa Bay Bucs had a stud Defense with Simeon Rice, Warren Sapp, Derrick Brooks, Ronde, etc. Raymond James was always loud but....Whenever you heard "Crazy Train" playing in the background, Simeon and Sapp jumping up and down waving there hands up on a 3rd and 1...the place would shake.
Old 07-27-2011, 03:03 PM   #7
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coredude02
As much as I agree with you, I think your logic is a little off. I remember back with the Tampa Bay Bucs had a stud Defense with Simeon Rice, Warren Sapp, Derrick Brooks, Ronde, etc. Raymond James was always loud but....Whenever you heard "Crazy Train" playing in the background, Simeon and Sapp jumping up and down waving there hands up on a 3rd and 1...the place would shake.
No i hear you, i think the animations should be there and it's something that definitely happens in real life. It's just that it seems like that's the ONLY way your home crowd gets above a dull roar. I agree, it should help you maximize the noise, but if you chose to ignore it, the fans should still act like they care there's a football game being played.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:16 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
No i hear you, i think the animations should be there and it's something that definitely happens in real life. It's just that it seems like that's the ONLY way your home crowd gets above a dull roar. I agree, it should help you maximize the noise, but if you chose to ignore it, the fans should still act like they care there's a football game being played.
Yeah I agree as well. The sound definitely needs to be fixed, even though that was supposed to be a "feature" in the game this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »