Home

Testing confirms running game hosed heres why, please pass on to EA

This is a discussion on Testing confirms running game hosed heres why, please pass on to EA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2011, 12:33 AM   #81
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Testing confirms running game hosed heres why, please pass on to EA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
Honestly, running the ball is one problem I don't have, on AA. Thank goodness, too. I think the running game has been solid. Yes, options are meh, and IMO tosses in NCAA and Madden have never been worth it. But anything else is solid.

That doesn't account for the cheating CPU that knows your play-call, but that's different.
I agree, I think running in this game is far superior than the passing game, the real issue is the cheating in the CPU, run AND pass. Somehow, this point is not coming across in this thread the way I and some others intend.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2011, 12:40 AM   #82
Rookie

aarontab's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
cool for the sake of the thread its probably best to drop it, i was here during the 2k/madden wars i still have the scars... lol
Right on, i wasn't here for that all but i used to frequent the IGN forums and the first year after 2k stopped making football it was chaos. It's to the point that even if 2k made a better football game (and they didn't) i wouldn't care because the fans of the series made me hate it so bad lol.

I do think that EA has always had a more scripted approach to football though, but that's clearly owing to how long it's been around. I believe they've built off a successful formula long enough that you can sometimes see where the roots are still in SNES/Sega Genesis. It's not bad, the game ends up fun and challenging, but eventually the game will have to evolve into something a little more complex you would think.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:42 AM   #83
Banned

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarontab
I always figure football is a tough game to program because it's basically 5-10 seconds of chaos after the snap, but i could just believe that because EA has been thrashing around in the shallow end for 10+ years. Maybe it's just simpler and more cost effective this way? I doubt we will ever know. I gotta say, it works good enough to make a decent game, just sucks that it's more sleight of hand than artificial intellegence.
I'm not knocking on EA here at all, but in all honesty, with all the different defensive schemes and types of players jobs (3-4 NT vs 4-3 DT is a good example) and their actual responsibilities in coverage, I expect to see an amazing game of football in about 10 years, I honestly think the amount of knowledge the game would NEED to truly be competitive can not be obtained by this generation of consoles (PS3/360), but it IS frustrating that the CPU cheats to compensate for this.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:53 AM   #84
Pro

OVR: 6

I think people here are too quick to jump on EA or defend EA. Let me clarify why all these arguments on both sides are mute:

1) It is clearly a bug. It only occurs in a single type of defensive formation. Blocking is correct in all others. It is 100% reproducible and doesn't change with teams or player statistics on the set skill level. Whether anyone can be successful despite the bug is irrelevant.

2) PLEASE EVERYONE WHO WANT TO REPEAT THIS AND SEE THAT I AM RIGHT READ CAREFULLY: This only occurs with cover 2 buck or cover 2 sink and NO OTHER FORMATIONS. It also is only grossly evident on outside runs and again occurs depending on what your difficulty level is. If you want to see it regardless of who you choose to control in practice mode make sure your on All-american. That way both sides cheat.

3) The reason people still run successfully is because it has no impact on the inside running game and ONLY occurs on outside runs when the defense has called a cover 2 sink or cover 2 buck (or a cover2 blitz). How often do those parameters fit your play call and the CPU playcall. Obviously this limits its frequency? However, it is still a bug. For me testing sliders what bothered me was the high number of tackle for a loss that occured. Thanks to a poster there I saw versuz2 video and realized his errors in testing and uncovered what was actually happening and how to reproduce it on both human and CPU. If this defect was fixed tackle for a loss would be realistic and run sliders wouldn't so heavily favor the inside run since outside runs would be more realistic.

4) If you want a temporary fix setting rushing defense to 30 or less leads to a chip block on the CB and prevents this bug except for some strange reason on HB slant plays. Try it and see. However, this makes the inside run overpowered and requires additional tweaks to sliders.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:05 AM   #85
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

I just hate how the linebackers blitz all the time when its a run. Im on AA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2011, 01:10 AM   #86
Pro

OVR: 0

yeah playing on heisman mostly RTG I couldn't block the CB for nothing even though I had a physical WR. with a 83+ run block & strength.

soon as you snap the ball they would out maneuver you and go in for the tackle. and if you try to chop block you would fall over or get caught in the hit stick animation. or fall on the ground.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »