Home

Players are to muscular !

This is a discussion on Players are to muscular ! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-28-2011, 05:48 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Players are to muscular !

Is it just me, or are a lot of players way to muscular I mean for example darron thomas he looks like a beast but in real life he is a skinny type. And there much more Players who doesnīt look right almost every quaterback looks like the next mr. universum. Also a lot of runningbacks havenīt the right bodietype. I mean I know that we have to edit the names of the players and we have to accept that they have no player photos but I mean do we have to do everything by ourselves ? I mean I love the gameplay but things like that are really annoying Also skin colors do not fit on some Players and there should be more options !!! Itīs not like white, medium and black in real life

so....

what do you think about it ?
Nba:Raptors
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2011, 05:58 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 32
Re: Players are to muscular !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matz21Moabit
Is it just me, or are a lot of players way to muscular I mean for example darron thomas he looks like a beast but in real life he is a skinny type. And there much more Players who doesnīt look right almost every quaterback looks like the next mr. universum. Also a lot of runningbacks havenīt the right bodietype. I mean I know that we have to edit the names of the players and we have to accept that they have no player photos but I mean do we have to do everything by ourselves ? I mean I love the gameplay but things like that are really annoying Also skin colors do not fit on some Players and there should be more options !!! Itīs not like white, medium and black in real life

so....

what do you think about it ?
This has been a problem on the player models for years.

One thing I noticed was the player's who have huge arms in the "Edit Player" screen don't translate to the field, meaning a QB who looked like he had huge arms had smaller arms while actually playing a game.

I wish EA could give us the ability to have more control over the body composition and distribution, but it didn't make the cut this year.

What I think is that we're probably getting all we're gonna get on this generation of consoles as far as player models/faces go. A lot of us were pretty vocal last year about the lack of player faces (some body types only get seven face options, adding to a ridiculous amount of redundancy to the game).

It's obviously just not that high on their priority list right now.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:19 PM   #3
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

It's not as bad as NCAA 07 where every player looked like they were a competitive bodybuilder. Linemen were walking around with 6% bodyfat, lol.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 07-28-2011, 01:30 PM   #4
All Star

crques's Arena

OVR: 36

The game definitely needs more player appearance options to tone down physiques and to give the guys on the field more distinction.
Old 07-28-2011, 01:36 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

Every time I see a thread like this I can't help but think back about 8 years to the MaddenMania days. There was a thread where the OP was completely upset because the "crotches" of the players were disproportionate or something. He was 100% serious too.

Anyways...enough of that. I tend to think this is always an issue dating back forever. Maybe its just too hard to have so many different body type models that they have to stick to just a few.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2011, 01:40 PM   #6
MVP

zeroice's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkmoney11
Every time I see a thread like this I can't help but think back about 8 years to the MaddenMania days. There was a thread where the OP was completely upset because the "crotches" of the players were disproportionate or something. He was 100% serious too.

Anyways...enough of that. I tend to think this is always an issue dating back forever. Maybe its just too hard to have so many different body type models that they have to stick to just a few.
I agree nothing is perfect of course just get that dam patch complete EA lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »