Home

Appearance Slider

This is a discussion on Appearance Slider within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2011, 01:55 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 2
Appearance Slider

This can definitely be filed under "little things," but it has bugged me for years.

Can we just get the Arm Build appearance slider to work? Please!

It has never worked in the next gen. console. For whatever reason, whoever wrote the code for that section, messed up the equation and the arm build slider has never worked. Ever. I can control how big of a rear end every guy on my roster has - but I'm stuck with skinny arms on dozens of guys each season. It really stinks when you recruit a five-star talent and he looks like the proverbial 98 lb weakling.

I have a four-star TE and a five-star SS and both are big dudes but man... the player model for both is so ugly.

I know some guys like the leaner models but on some of these unfortunate players it goes too far. And I don't even care if it is backwards and 0 means big and 100 means small - I can figure that out like I do with the other appearance sliders the programmers got all dyslexic on.

Fix the slider EA- it has been YEARS.

Thanks. Needed to vent.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2011, 02:14 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Appearance Slider

I agree. This issue has really flown under the radar. I would really love to see some improvements on player models and fixed ability to edit the player models.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:00 AM   #3
Pro

Bullet Sponge's Arena

OVR: 7

How about a full face editor like Oblivion? So the recruits every year can be fully randomized and unique looking instead of like a bunch of cousins.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:32 AM   #4
Pro

OVR: 2

I'm not asking for anything huge. A massive overhaul would be amazing, but I just want that one slider to work. If EA can fix it so what you see on the appearance edit screen is what you see in game - and all the sliders work - I'm a happy camper on this issue.

I mean, they put the wrinkles on guy's elbows for heaven's sake. The game is beautiful. Just dot that 'i', cross the proverbial 't.' Finish it. I'm sure it is something they could have addressed in a patch or could address in a patch. It is such a small thing, but each year it is in the game and it blows me away it gets overlooked again and again.
Old 07-30-2011, 08:51 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 0

Yea, I'm always in the player edit screen (probably more than I even play the game lol), correcting equipment and anatomy.

The NCAA player models are just generic. I understand that they're not real players but they need some attention to detail also.

The small thing that irritates the hell out of me is the players thigh pads. All the thigh pads look like they're melted to the players legs. There's no "hump" present. Check out some real pics of games and you can even check out Madden. The thigh pad area is raised because guess what.....there's a pad under there..Eureka lol!!

The NCAA player models thigh pads aren't really there at all. Its just a model of the leg with the top part colored to represent the pants, and little lines drawn in to represent the pads. That has always bothered me.

Like I say, check Madden out or go get an athlon college team book and look at the thigh pads. Then come back and look at NCAA. Man I wish I could get on the art team at EA. They could definitely use someone with a precision eye for detail.

I dont want to go here but I gotta. Yes it was modeled correctly in the PS2 version.

Oh, and what about the linemen with the cankles and baby feet, lol. **** is hilarious

Last edited by kingsofthevalley; 07-30-2011 at 08:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2011, 10:18 AM   #6
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavner
This can definitely be filed under "little things," but it has bugged me for years.

Can we just get the Arm Build appearance slider to work? Please!

It has never worked in the next gen. console. For whatever reason, whoever wrote the code for that section, messed up the equation and the arm build slider has never worked. Ever. I can control how big of a rear end every guy on my roster has - but I'm stuck with skinny arms on dozens of guys each season. It really stinks when you recruit a five-star talent and he looks like the proverbial 98 lb weakling.

I have a four-star TE and a five-star SS and both are big dudes but man... the player model for both is so ugly.

I know some guys like the leaner models but on some of these unfortunate players it goes too far. And I don't even care if it is backwards and 0 means big and 100 means small - I can figure that out like I do with the other appearance sliders the programmers got all dyslexic on.

Fix the slider EA- it has been YEARS.

Thanks. Needed to vent.
This bug or glitch has actually been in the game for three years now and has been brought to the developers attention plenty of times throughout these three years why it hasn't been adddressed is beyond me...
Old 07-30-2011, 10:33 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

I don't understand why the "big guys" all look like they weigh about 400 pounds. I understand that there should be a big model but just because he is a defensive lineman doesn't mean he should look this big. All these 240lb guys who look like Shaun Rogers is very odd to me. None the less I'm glad they work on gameplay more than this. I wish they would put visuals and gimmicks on the back burner and let some game flaws get worked out
Old 07-30-2011, 11:47 AM   #8
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by rboocahrd
I don't understand why the "big guys" all look like they weigh about 400 pounds. I understand that there should be a big model but just because he is a defensive lineman doesn't mean he should look this big. All these 240lb guys who look like Shaun Rogers is very odd to me. None the less I'm glad they work on gameplay more than this. I wish they would put visuals and gimmicks on the back burner and let some game flaws get worked out
Agreed..but nothing worse that seeing a 250 lb running back with skinny arms the size of a freshman HS football player...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »