Home

Is this cheese or am i just to much a sim player

This is a discussion on Is this cheese or am i just to much a sim player within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-30-2011, 04:23 PM   #1
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

OVR: 14
Is this cheese or am i just to much a sim player

I was playing an OSer in a unranked game as a "test game" for a dynasty. first off most people here that have been in a dynasty with me or have played me know im a sim guy. why would you be here if you aren't.

while we were playing (i had oregon and he had USC) i noticed that he would only run no huddle and hurry up after a successful play and then he would run the same exact play again then after that play go back to the huddle.. also he only ran about 5 - 7 plays which didnt bother me as much because i was playing solid defense and was winning. i started noticing it frequently though and called him out on it because he kept saying he was straight up and all and he was already in my dynasty and i typically dont play people in my dynastyies because i dont want them to know my strategies. he responded by saying that its called creating mismatches. well im a avid footall enthusiast and in all my years of watching football ive never seen or heard of team running no huddle and hurry up to the line and run the same play twice because it was successful then go back to the huddle. nor have i seen this practice done only doing it in spots. i was proceeded to be called a whiner and he didnt want me in his dynasty which personally i dont care. but since sim has many different meanings i want clarification.

Btw my defintion of SIM Gaming is playing as true to life as possible.

Also as oregon i ran the no huddle hurry up spread option that they run like in real life. and im a believer in the run so i ran the ball 7 times and passed twice.

give me a verdict people

PSN - MrHeavyInTheGame

"For the good, they fold, but for us the GREAT… WE FOCUS and get our job done" - Michael Irvin aka The Playmaker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2011, 05:38 PM   #2
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Is this cheese or am i just to much a sim player

I don't think there is anything wrong with running the same play twice in row. I certainly do it if I feel I have the defense on the fiel with the wrong personnel. And just so you know NFL and NCAA teams do this.

The 5-7 play stuff is pretty weak though!
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 07-30-2011, 05:51 PM   #3
Rookie

Blackout863's Arena

OVR: 14

i hear on the wrong personnel being on the field. but he ran 3wr to one side i ran dime, he got 7 yds, calls no huddle runs the same play again doesnt get anything and goes back to the huddle. and that happens every time he gets a play like that. that is unrealistic. no coach, coaches like that. NEVER. thats super unrealistic.

PSN - MrHeavyInTheGame

"For the good, they fold, but for us the GREAT… WE FOCUS and get our job done" - Michael Irvin aka The Playmaker
Old 07-30-2011, 06:00 PM   #4
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

OK! Are you saying he did this every series? If that's the case then yes I agree.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 07-30-2011, 06:10 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledeuceR6
OK! Are you saying he did this every series? If that's the case then yes I agree.
I agree, if he did it again and again it's cheese in my book. If he caught you in a bad play call though and did it once or twice and it wasn't a glitch or exploit then I'd say it was alright.

Cheese or not though, it sounds like someone I'd not particularly want to play again...

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-30-2011, 06:56 PM   #6
Banned

Kid FSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Sorry, but I disagree. If he wants to play like that the whole game, let him do it. I don't think everyone is looking at this as an "if-then statement." First case. If a coach doesn't call plays the way the guy the OP faced does, then you all consider it cheese. But just think; there could be a coach that does coach like that in real life. It maybe the guy in question. You just never know.

P.S I can run Emory Henry with South Carolina the whole game. Know one in college runs an offense like this for the whole game, but I know of at least 3 high school coaches that does play like this.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:32 PM   #7
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

Hilarious that you posted this.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042670821

There's two sides to every story. Unfortunately your story is just false. Why do you think I call the same couple plays? That's just wrong, man. I didn't call the no huddle after every "successful play and call the same thing again" like you claim. I see a 4-3 against my 3 or 4 WR set, and I'm going to take advantage of that.

It's called scheming! Malzahn does this constantly. It's called creating mismatches and taking advantage of the stupid defensive personnel!!! Why would I not want to keep that 4-3 personnel on the field?!

Ugh, I feel dirty for replying. Also I blocked you on PSN, so quit sending me all of your pointless messages. I quit your dynasty, let it gooooooooooooooooo.

On the contrary, how many different formations and plays did you call as opposed to mine? This thread just gave me AIDS.
Old 07-30-2011, 07:40 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
Hilarious that you posted this.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...post2042670821

There's two sides to every story. Unfortunately your story is just false. Why do you think I call the same couple plays? That's just wrong, man. I didn't call the no huddle after every "successful play and call the same thing again" like you claim. I see a 4-3 against my 3 or 4 WR set, and I'm going to take advantage of that.

It's called scheming! Malzahn does this constantly. It's called creating mismatches and taking advantage of the stupid defensive personnel!!! Why would I not want to keep that 4-3 personnel on the field?!

Ugh, I feel dirty for replying. Also I blocked you on PSN, so quit sending me all of your pointless messages. I quit your dynasty, let it gooooooooooooooooo.

On the contrary, how many different formations and plays did you call as opposed to mine? This thread just gave me AIDS.
You win good sir. You win

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »