Home

Gotta fix the tackling

This is a discussion on Gotta fix the tackling within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2011, 03:12 PM   #9
Pro

cardinals57's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Gotta fix the tackling

Yeah this isn't a big problem... The tackling is awesome this year
Old 07-31-2011, 04:04 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunsy34
My guys run shoulder pad to shoulder pad and dont even attempt to make a tackle. When they catch a pass you are screwed if your controlling the guy covering him cause he wont wrap up until after the WR makes his first move. Its annoying hammering the "tackle" button. Is EA gonna make us hit A and B next to make our guys run. If a defender has a chance to wrap up and make the tackle they should be able to do so, not run by the guy with the ball like he doesnt even have it. Half back makes one minor move and my guy is running by him as if the ice cream truck is up field.
This is one of the issues that made me remove the patch from my system and contributed to the easy run game for the user post patch. EA has much to fix it looks like.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:13 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
There was no suction tackling only suction blocking sorry.....
Threads officially end at the point which you can no longer take the OP seriously.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2011, 05:02 PM   #12
Pro

pirates946's Arena

OVR: 16

One of the few things, IMO, that EA got right with this years gamewas the tackling. It effin rocks!!

Taylor Potts Gang or Die
Old 07-31-2011, 05:57 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 32

Agreed with the consensus, tackling was done very well this year by EA.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:11 PM   #14
Rookie

DahLZy's Arena

OVR: 3

Tackling is better by EA this year but it's still complete trash people. If you honestly think this is a good tackling system for a next gen football game you guys are loose cannons.

I mean backbreaker can have a full physics engine where the hits look beautiful and every single person on the field can get in on the tackle. The multiple gang tackles in that game are just amazing! I don't get why the multi-million dollar company EA can't make a physics tackling engine!?! I mean heck, NHL has a physics hitting engine?

Do not say, and I repeat, DO NOT say that NCAA 12's tackling system is good. It is much better than the old installments but is still very far behind to where it should be.

I am not trying to bring this up because I know mod's get mad, but its just sad because it's the truth. NFL 2k5 had better tackling than NCAA 11 and NCAA 12....I mean how is that in anyway possible? Not saying it is a totally better game but the tackling was better....and that game is close to almost a decade old.
Old 07-31-2011, 06:12 PM   #15
MVP

sarlndr's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
My guys run shoulder pad to shoulder pad and dont even attempt to make a tackle. When they catch a pass you are screwed if your controlling the guy covering him cause he wont wrap up until after the WR makes his first move. Its annoying hammering the "tackle" button. Is EA gonna make us hit A and B next to make our guys run. If a defender has a chance to wrap up and make the tackle they should be able to do so, not run by the guy with the ball like he doesnt even have it. Half back makes one minor move and my guy is running by him as if the ice cream truck is up field.

You're not the only one who feels this way. I feel your pain and this needs to get worked on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2011, 06:13 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahLZy
Tackling is better by EA this year but is still complete trash people. If you honestly think this is a good tackling system for a next gen football game you guys are loose cannons.

I mean backbreaker can have a full physics engine where the hits look beautiful and every single person on the field can get in on the tackle. The multiple gang tackles in that game are just amazing! I don't get why multi-million dollar company EA can't make a physics tackling engine!?! I mean heck, NHL has a physics hitting engine?

Do not say, and I repeat, DO NOT say that NCAA 12's tackling system is good. It is much better than the old installments but is still very far behind to where it should be.

I am not trying to bring this up because I know mod's get mad, but its just sad because it's the truth. NFL 2k5 had better tackling than NCAA 11 and NCAA 12....I mean how is that in anyway possible? Not saying it is a totally better game but the tackling was better....and that game is close to almost a decade old.
Yeah but have you actually played the NHL 11? The hitting is absolutely whack, there is nothing "real-time" about their physics.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »