Home

Size of Your Recruiting Classes

This is a discussion on Size of Your Recruiting Classes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2011, 12:38 AM   #1
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31
Size of Your Recruiting Classes

Well i finally finished my first year of my dummy dynasty as Colorado and i just finished my offseason recruiting....i ended up signing 23 prospects...just wondering if this amount is about right for a normal recruiting class and was wondering how much recruits ya sign for your dynasties

Last edited by 37; 07-31-2011 at 12:54 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2011, 01:15 AM   #2
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Size of Your Recruiting Classes

In real life thats about a normal size class. However, this game doesn't have full NCAA sized rosters so depending on how many sr's you have on your roster that may be too much. I usually get around 15-18 depending on how many sr's i have and if i think anyone is leaving early
Old 07-31-2011, 01:21 AM   #3
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by franch1se
In real life thats about a normal size class. However, this game doesn't have full NCAA sized rosters so depending on how many sr's you have on your roster that may be too much. I usually get around 15-18 depending on how many sr's i have and if i think anyone is leaving early
I didn't keep count of my sr's but i didnt have to cut anybody so....just kinda sucks that i didnt get guys i needed at certain positions...i have like an overload of qb's and rb's but not enough dt's or cb's
Old 07-31-2011, 01:28 AM   #4
Pro

Philstat's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
I didn't keep count of my sr's but i didnt have to cut anybody so....just kinda sucks that i didnt get guys i needed at certain positions...i have like an overload of qb's and rb's but not enough dt's or cb's
I recently signed 24 in my class with Notre Dame - #1 Class. I pulled in (7) five stars, (14) four stars and (3) three stars. Class was headed by 2 5*WRs, the #3 and #5 RBs, and a ton of CBs, FSs, SSs, and every lineman imaginable. I normally sign big classes - if you want to have big & highly rated classes - you should make notes of the players you are recruiting, I make quick notes - their likes and dislikes, by WK3 I've already figured out how to allot my points. I'm in my second season with Notre Dame and in week five I've already locked up 4 of the top #100 players to include two five stars.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:31 AM   #5
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philstat
I recently signed 24 in my class with Notre Dame - #1 Class. I pulled in (7) five stars, (14) four stars and (3) three stars. Class was headed by 2 5*WRs, the #3 and #5 RBs, and a ton of CBs, FSs, SSs, and every lineman imaginable. I normally sign big classes - if you want to have big & highly rated classes - you should make notes of the players you are recruiting, I make quick notes - their likes and dislikes, by WK3 I've already figured out how to allot my points. I'm in my second season with Notre Dame and in week five I've already locked up 4 of the top #100 players to include two five stars.
That's quite impressive but in all honesty recruiting with ND and Colorado is two different animals....I aim to reach those levels so im not necessarily stressin it in just my 2nd year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2011, 02:55 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

I always sign the full 25. If I don't like some of them, I cut them. Or if I end up liking the new guys over veteran players, I will cut some of the veterans. Having 25 sign just gives me the most options.
Old 07-31-2011, 04:15 AM   #7
Air Raid

Dr Death's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Knight
I always sign the full 25. If I don't like some of them, I cut them. Or if I end up liking the new guys over veteran players, I will cut some of the veterans. Having 25 sign just gives me the most options.
I go the opposite route. I add 10-13 players to my recruit list... I'm OC at Idaho... and all the players I want are above what Idaho should be able to get. I go after 5 star WR's because I pass a lot and then fill out the rest of the class w/ needs... such as P or whatever.

I actually landed a 4-star WR my first year. I was behind Texas Tech and SMU, but I called the kid every week and when he saw my team's passing numbers he committed to me in the 4th week of the off-season recruitment period.

By going w/ fewer players I can talk to them every week and let them know I really want them. It's always worked out well for me.

Old 07-31-2011, 04:21 AM   #8
Rookie

zdmetal's Arena

OVR: 6

I usually end up with probably 18 on average. I rarely end up using all 25 either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »