Home

Getting upset by crappy teams

This is a discussion on Getting upset by crappy teams within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2011, 08:39 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 28
Re: Getting upset by crappy teams

It sucks losing to teams you "should" beat but that is why I love this game.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:50 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 3

Whether or not they were crappy, all those teams who won, UPSET a BETTER TEAM. Thats all I was inferring with the info I posted. It happens every year, someone should win and then loses a close battle(or just gets outclassed even) by a "weaker" team.
Old 08-01-2011, 12:58 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 8

I agree with the OP. Get a load of this(went into the game 3-0, coming off a 17-16 win vs OU):

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-broken-2.html

I also beat Duke by only 3, and then turned around to beat 5-1 Maryland by 42 the next week.
Old 08-01-2011, 08:56 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 2

In dynasty, I just lost 3 out of 3 games against Colorado with Stanford as the OC. My defense coordinator may just be the most terrible play calling AI I have ever seen. It is just truly pathetic at times. Of course, Colorado's defense knows every single play I call though, so trying to catch up is just ridiculous. I came out with a play-action pass (after calling a good 7-9 run plays out of the same formation) and the defense was in a nickel. So I audible out to a FB dive. Good audible, right?

No. The defense immediately pinches their line and puts 9 in the box. So I audible back to the play action pass. Guess what?

Their line unpinches and the backers return to their regular placements. All of this in the space of about ten seconds. I call the play anyways because I was just plain baffled at this point, and the safety picks it off. The Colorado offense proceeds to decimate my defense and brings the lead to 18-14 in 50 seconds.

Makes me angry trying to run a pro-style offense when my defense can stop a freakin' nosebleed.

/rant
Old 08-01-2011, 11:30 PM   #21
Pro

SuperNoVa27's Arena

OVR: 6

In my dynasty

CPU Controlled Louisville beat Stanford, then the next week they beat Alabama....pretty wild
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2011, 11:47 PM   #22
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by algoody421
In case you didnt want to read the link someone else just posted, heres some from the last 5 years alone... Dont wanna say it happens all the time, but you could say it happens every year...

James Madison Over Virginia Tech (2010)
Jacksonville State Over Ole Miss (2010)
Washington Over USC (2009)
Utah Over Alabama (2008)
Appalachian State Over Michigan (2007)
East Carolina Over Boise State (2007)
Boise State Over Oklahoma (2006)
Don't forget Centre College Over Harvard (1921). Who could forget that thriller?

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 08-02-2011, 12:44 AM   #23
Rookie

Vortex12's Arena

OVR: 0

This isn't against crappy teams or anything, but has anyone else noticed that the CPU is ridiculously good at putting together game winning drives with under a minute left. This happened to me three times in one season, as the OC for Cal, I score to take the lead with about a minute left, and USC takes the ball and scores as time runs out. This is Super Sim, cuz I'm the OC. Two games later, same thing happens vs Arizona, except I was left with about 15 seconds to work with and I scored to win. Last game of the year vs Stanford, I score with 45 seconds left, thinking I'm gonna win the Big Game and book a trip to the Pac-12 Championship, but Stanford takes the ball and scores a touchdown, with what looks to be a many play drive. There seems to be a problem with the CPU time of possession, they can execute a lot more plays in the same amount of time than I can.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:06 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have noticed this as well. A crappy team suddenly starts playing like an a top 10 team out of the blue. Very unrealistic. I play the same way but their CBs and DL playing like 5 stars instead of 1 stars. LOL

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »