Home

Getting upset by crappy teams

This is a discussion on Getting upset by crappy teams within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2011, 10:41 AM   #25
Rookie

anonymous6237's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Getting upset by crappy teams

For the most part I'm ok with a lesser team getting up for a big game and pulling out the win, as long as the game doesn't "feel" cheap to me. If it feels like I'm just playing a much better team than I can handle it. It's when the game starts blatantly cheating (happens on any difficulty I've noticed) to get the outcome it wants.

Example:
Currently playing as OC of Boston College. It's a two man OD and I like to schedule my friend's old teams in OOC for the following few years to see how his recruiting had an impact. So this year BC got to take a trip to Hawaii. We lost 49-46 (scored 22 in the 4th to even make it that close). I was ok with that one. I had never played with my new team and it was a tough road game from East Coast to Hawaii for the first game of the year. I can understand that loss.

Moving on: I'm 5-2 (Leading the B1G) going into a tough rivalry road game against ND. Game is playing exactly as it should and ND gets a TD at the end of the 3rd Quarter to go up 21-17 going into the 4th (the game had been pretty sketch up to this point but the result was looking ok so I wasn't too irritated yet). I get the ball to open the 4th and proceed to go on a beauty of a drive eating 6:30 of clock (7 min quarters) scoring a TD and going up by 3. ND gets the ball on the 20 with 0:30 to go. What happens? Of course a one play 80 yd TD. Needless to say I lost the game.

What irks me is that the game does this all the time. Instead of rewarding me for playing perfect ball control to chew the entire 4th quarter as I score what should be the game winner, it decides that since ND was scheduled to win that they would. Had they gotten the ball quickly into FG range (they still had 3 timeouts) and I lost in OT I would not have been nearly as upset. It just feels cheap and that happens way too often. My team played their best game all season and still had to lose like that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2011, 12:44 PM   #26
MVP

blkrptnt819's Arena

OVR: 10
I'm getting the feeling they added consistency and clutch and just didn't tell us. Also they ramped up home field advantage.

If you can't tell I LOVE DUKE!!!!!!!!
Old 08-02-2011, 12:46 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Hell yea - I had one season where I went in and Toledo simply shut the run DOWN. I had the leading rusher in the nation, and he managed to go for like 58 yards against Toledo or sometin.

O well, makes the game more interesting
Old 08-02-2011, 01:11 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have been on both sides of this. Once I was the offensive coordinator for Wyoming and beat Oklahoma by a point. I was on All-American and did not cheat or anything it just happened I was stunned. It was 36-35. Another time I was the OC with Kansas playing a garbage New Mexico team. I fumbled 3x in the 4th quarter and lost 28-21.

This game is fun cause your team can be a bit unpredictable and you really have to play smart to overcome that. other times it is so frustrating I could break it lol.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:28 PM   #29
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12

This is one of the things I've really enjoyed about this years game. I started my ULM dynasty by getting whipped by FSU which is what should of happened then I got spanked by a Duke team I thought I could beat, but the next week I turned around and upset a good TCU team.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 08-02-2011, 02:36 PM   #30
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

i got mopped up by wyoming in my Husker dynasty.

it was pretty cool, as i had a come from behind, OT win against fresno st. 2 weeks earlier.
beat washington by 14 the week prior, which felt easy.

then went on the road and got beat up a little bit.

my next game was wisconsin, so i guess that little turd wyoming was a trap game.

all in all, pretty cool.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.

Last edited by BadAssHskr; 08-02-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #31
Banned

OVR: 20

Sounds like UNLV beat you because you were constantly throwing interceptions, you couldn't run the ball, and nothing you did worked all game.

All three of these factors suggest that you weren't into the game, likely because you thought it was going to be an easy win, and when the second half rolled around and it wasn't 42-10 like you thought it was going to be, you cracked under the pressure and LOST TO A 1-7 team.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2011, 06:39 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMe12
Happens to me. I was in an online dynasty as Oklahoma and had to play Duke. They intercepted two passes and ran them back for touchdowns, returned a fumble for a touchdown and ran in for another score. I was down 28-17 in the fourth quarter and I scored 22 points (14 in the last minute) and beat them 39-28. I honestly thought I was going to lose.

I had something similar happen to me in an OD. I was at #3 Auburn with Florida, and I got up 21-0 in the 2nd quarter. I threw two pick-6's and fumbled on consecutive possessions. Those three defensive scores made the game tied at 21. On the following kickoff, I took one to the house with Andre Debose and went on to win. It got a little dicey there for a bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »