Home

Anyone else have memorable recruits?

This is a discussion on Anyone else have memorable recruits? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2011, 07:14 PM   #17
Banned

belucheez's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone else have memorable recruits?

I was in love with a 5* QB when I was the coach at Miami (FL). I finally recruited him but then I jumped ship to Texas. Two years later, the QB I recruited for Miami owned me in a game we played. I mean, 500 passing yards almost 5 TDs. I was sad.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:52 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 4

Well, im in the offseason in my OD right now, but im excited about this O-Line prospect I get next year. 6'8'', 316 lbs.

Seems like a run block MACHINE
Old 08-01-2011, 11:57 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

NCAA 04, I got a freshman WR with 99 speed named Rocco Erwin. I think he was only a 3-star recruit, but with that speed he was dangerous. He was my Reggie Bush for the Vols. I put him in the slot, at RB, on kick and punt returns. Would have won the Heisman his senior year, but he missed six weeks with an injury.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:00 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

In my online dynasty, I had some serious needs developing with my OL, and was having trouble with recruits. Normally it wouldn't occur for me to check athletes, but I did a check to see who had my school in their top 10, and one of them is a 3* athlete who happens to be 6'8" and 280 lbs. I figure that guy might be an interim backup for the OL, so I toss him on my recruit list, and he accepts right from the scholarship offer.

I've long forgotten him when I actually get to look at my new class. When I do, I realize he's a got a high TKL and has a few other defensive stats that would make him a waste on the OL. So I bring him in at DT and he's a 79 OVR. I rename him 'Moses Hightower'. (His original name was something painfully boring like Allen Washington or something.)

The guy is a monster. He had just the right combination of strength, speed and moves. In his freshman season, nobody running up the middle gets past him, and he picks up 10 sacks. He then gains 7 points as a sophomore, and becomes an absolute shutdown DT, leading the league with sacks. And in his junior and senior seasons, he kept getting more and more dominant. By his senior year, he was a 99 OVR. I had the #1 ranked run defense both those years. In real life, I'd imagine teams would just stop trying to run inside, but in NCAA, teams would keep trying, and just about every time, they'd be stopped with a loss.

So that's probably my most memorable recruit. He was a 3* ATH I had picked up solely as an OL filler due to a poor OL recruiting class, and he becomes one of the greatest DT in NCAA history.

Last edited by Riderfan; 08-02-2011 at 01:01 AM. Reason: 'Serious' is not spelled 'series'
Old 08-02-2011, 01:36 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Ricky Swain 6'6 white wide receiver with 4.3 speed from NCAA11. He was a 3 star recruit who I only found because he had the fastest 40 time for a WR. I signed him and he came in as a high overall (can't remember exactly). He ended up being like a 96 overall by the time he graduated from Idaho and was an AA his last 2 years.

It's like my only time finding a diamond in the rough.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2011, 01:49 AM   #22
Banned

OVR: 31

In NCAA Football 09 in our 3rd year of our OD the #1 recruit in the nation was a HB named Dane Goodman. 5'11 199lbs with 99 speed. What was awesome about this pickup was that his entire top 10 was nothing but users. He had me as his #1 team. Offered a scholarship and signed right away. He went to to break Archie Griffin's school rushing record.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:58 AM   #23
Pro

nyqua's Arena

OVR: 6

Max Siegel. NCAA 11. Was Baylor's first "big" recruit, I got him in as the top QB offseason "new prospect" by beating out Texas.

Freshman year I moved him to WR since he had really good stats there, and he had a 1000 yard season with 12+ TDs.

Then I moved him back to QB for the rest of his career. Never changed his position so I wouldn't mess up his progressions.

Led Baylor to multiple titles and won a Heisman. Was great passing and had 90+ speed.

Last edited by nyqua; 08-02-2011 at 02:02 AM.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:37 AM   #24
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

I don't remember his name, but from NCAA '10, I was a few years into my Florida dynasty, then jumped ship to ND. I signed this beast RB, 6'2", 240 lb - geared him up like a LB.

He ran for 1900+ yds his FR year, and literally never went down on the first hit.....plenty of STA too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »