Home

WR/CB jumping!!!!

This is a discussion on WR/CB jumping!!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2011, 12:12 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 17
Re: WR/CB jumping!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteboSSK
This guy is wide open though, so it doesnt fit the scenario. The best scenario is either a streak or post route...if u manually hit the catch button or let the CPU do it when you are the offense, the WR will attempt some weak *** basket catch while the DB goes balls out and jumps the route and gets the INT...this is only realistic if Deion Sanders is covering ur WR not every single corner in the game. The game doesnt really account for ratings in the pass game...ratings are still more potent on offense...when I pass against Alabama it shouldnt feel the same as passing against UCF...
He had to jump to reach the ball that was thrown too far. He was wide open, and if the pass had been sound he wouldn't have jumped. In this case I was just showing that he would make a jump to reach out towards a ball that was nearly overthrown.

I really suggest you check out some slider sets out there. There is a significant difference between team's ability to defend the pass. I can blow up the easier teams on my schedule, but tougher defenses will give me a tougher time as they should.

If your point is to talk about super dbs or super linebackers well then there are like 8 million other threads talking about the same thing. -Which I agree with- is a pain to deal with.

The only thing I am talking about here is that I -personally- see plenty of jump ball animations as to respond to this thread.

Last edited by Midgeotto; 08-01-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:04 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgeotto
He had to jump to reach the ball that was thrown too far. He was wide open, and if the pass had been sound he wouldn't have jumped. In this case I was just showing that he would make a jump to reach out towards a ball that was nearly overthrown.

I really suggest you check out some slider sets out there. There is a significant difference between team's ability to defend the pass. I can blow up the easier teams on my schedule, but tougher defenses will give me a tougher time as they should.

If your point is to talk about super dbs or super linebackers well then there are like 8 million other threads talking about the same thing. -Which I agree with- is a pain to deal with.

The only thing I am talking about here is that I -personally- see plenty of jump ball animations as to respond to this thread.
He's talking about streaks that have been already known that the receivers do not jump unless the ball is under thrown and they have to turn around standing there or if it is thrown as a bullet. Just standing still and waiting on the ball is recorded as the only time they jump on a deep route where the ball is lobbed so stop acting like your WR's do.
Old 08-01-2011, 02:32 PM   #11
MVP

zeroice's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgeotto

I don't have that big of a problem getting receivers to jump, and neither does the cpu against me.
i agree my receivers always jump for the ball like on a curl i tend to lob it up a bit and he snags it and gets hit midsection of course ? i don't know what game others are playing but i see receivers jump dive make spec catches etc?
maybe its the difficulty hes playing on?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-01-2011, 05:14 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

I have no prob at all getting my WR/ DB's to jump. Take manual control of the player you want to jump. Turn to face the ball a few yards infront of the ball marker, and hit Y/Triangle before the ball is too close. Also, under Settings: Game Controls, make sure that all the auto's are off(Passing, Sprint, and Strafe). If you have and do all of this, that is odd because I can get my guys to jump on every play.
Old 08-01-2011, 06:10 PM   #13
Rookie

tebowfanai's Arena

OVR: 9

I haven't had any problems with this at all, which is a first.

- Chuck Noll
Old 08-01-2011, 07:19 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 9

he's referring mostly to jumping without directly facing the qb. not the animation where if its an underthrown deep ball, the wr stops on a dime turns his body completely around coming to a complete stop and then jumps. thats what the cpu does on almost all deep balls where they dont have you clearly beaten

Last edited by ActLikeYouCrow; 08-01-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:15 AM   #15
Rookie

petersondagreat's Arena

OVR: 6

this is what i mean and im aware that these kind of catches do happen sometimes but i want to be able to control it like back on the ps2 days. lets be honest if the WR and DBs dont jump properly whats the point of a jump rating and having a big reciever
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2011, 01:25 AM   #16
Rookie

petersondagreat's Arena

OVR: 6

And for the DBs how about seeing some of this type stuff from the ELITE athletes like DRC. Come on EA take the cement shoes off the players these guys are some serious athletes

BTW what an IDIOTIC trade by the cardinals in my Jim Mora voice "who the hell do we think we are when we do crap like that HOLY COW!

Last edited by petersondagreat; 08-02-2011 at 01:28 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »