Home

The definition of "Cheese"

This is a discussion on The definition of "Cheese" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2011, 08:46 AM   #41
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: The definition of "Cheese"

i played a guy last night that does what i consider cheese. i was purdue, he was penn state.

his first drive he went for it on 4th and 10 after 3 incomplete passes. he was at his own 20 and did this. he ran 4 verticals and the safety got shook ff his tackle and he scored a td. i punt on my fourth down. he then comes out again, with penn state mind you, with 4 wr and runs the same play about 5 times. herbstriet says the same play quote multiple times. the same play he ran was the rb screen. he would audible everyone deep then drop back 20 yards and i literally had to play with my de every single play, just standing out in the flats knocking down the screen pass. it was so boring.

he also played the super lame defense where he runs around in the backfield presnap with a de and and plays completely unrealistic defense where he takes people out of position to try and nano blitz every play. i refused to to resort to passing every play and just steadily chipped away rushing the ball.

he was up 20 to 10 at the half but i had his game figured and ended up winning 23 to 20. its alwasy satisfying to beat a cheeser, but it still isnt a fun experience to have to counter bs all game. its a waste of an hour.

so this is what this guy did that is cheese and makes everyone think youre 12 years old.

running the same exact play upwards of 25 plays a game (half of the plays)
running backwards as the qb every play to outrun the blitz, letting anyone running a drag get wide open.

playing unrealistic and out of position defense. this makes playing the game just not fun. taking your de and running in the backfield to confuse the ai blocking is cheese.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2011, 10:59 AM   #42
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13

A cheeser is someone who audibles in and out of a 5 WR formation and goes to a goal line, or something of the like. I just played a clown like this. He was good at it, too. I ended up beating him since all he did on defense was press the line, and play man. He got up 17-0 on me, and I ended up winning 42-24.

This really ruins the online experience for me. If EA would only implement a USER PROFILE, then we could weed out these douchewrinkles by scouting them pregame and deciding then whether we'd want to play them or not. I know we'll always have cheesers/glitchers exploiting the AI, but if we can't distinguish that pre-game, then we have no idea what kind of cheese we're getting into and it really ruins the whole experience.

The worst part about this is that old gen had this feature.
Old 08-02-2011, 11:11 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO
A cheeser is someone who audibles in and out of a 5 WR formation and goes to a goal line, or something of the like. I just played a clown like this. He was good at it, too. I ended up beating him since all he did on defense was press the line, and play man. He got up 17-0 on me, and I ended up winning 42-24.

This really ruins the online experience for me. If EA would only implement a USER PROFILE, then we could weed out these douchewrinkles by scouting them pregame and deciding then whether we'd want to play them or not. I know we'll always have cheesers/glitchers exploiting the AI, but if we can't distinguish that pre-game, then we have no idea what kind of cheese we're getting into and it really ruins the whole experience.

A-FREAKING-MEN! Exactly right!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-02-2011, 11:38 PM   #44
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViLLiO

OK hold on... I don't see how that is cheese... Let me explain.

Two years ago.. Texas Tech had the season opener against North Dakota and they did something very similar... They would come out with 2 WR, 1 TE, and 1 FB, 1 HB. But they lined up in a five wide formation in the shotgun.. They then looked to the sideline and everyone on offense shifted into an I-Formation with WR twins and hiked the ball within seconds of the shift.

Then later, they came out to the goal-line and lined up in a Maryland I. They then shifted to a five wide formation and threw to the FB who was in wide open in the flat.

We had a little trouble with it at first as it kept us off balance. Point is this. Is that cheese? Teams do run an offense like that in college football. They didn't run it all game but they did at various points in the game.

So just curious, how is it cheese?

And No, it wasn't me, I don't play online.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:27 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0

These "cheese" threads are hilarious. It seems many bitter people reside in these threads (I don't play online for various reasons anymore). Funny thing about "cheese", it is often defined by someone running the same play over and over. Well guess what, if you can't stop it (with the exception of cheating and a flaw/exploit in the coding of the game), then what is wrong with it. I'm confused, games are played to determine a winner. In my opinion, the only fun I had playing online was playing the variety of styles each player implemented (represents a challenge). Sure many tactics don't work in real life, but Madden is a GAME and should be treated as such. My encounters with these people who lacked any depth in their style of play were the easiest of opponents to rip apart. Call what you want, but the majority who call "cheese" should develop tactics to beat these "cheesers" (I am sure your win will be quite satisfying).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 02:31 AM   #46
Rookie

mazinkaiser's Arena

Lame play (playing goaline offense all game, running the *** D all game, snapping the ball at 1 second as soon as you get a lead even in the 1st quarter, etc) is not cheese, but is confused for it a lot. Nothing gets me more mad than someone not cheesing or playing lame, but freezing or lagging the game intentionally when they are losing.

Last edited by Mo; 08-03-2011 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Language
Old 08-03-2011, 03:24 AM   #47
Rookie

nc dub frat guy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazinkaiser
Lame play (playing goaline offense all game, running the *** D all game, snapping the ball at 1 second as soon as you get a lead even in the 1st quarter, etc) is not cheese, but is confused for it a lot. Nothing gets me more mad than someone not cheesing or playing lame, but freezing or lagging the game intentionally when they are losing.

so you think a guy should be able to start out in goal line the very first play on the 20 yard line, and me, playing goal line defense, watch him do a toss, and get a TD? that is just plain ignorant and yes that is cheese. they shouldn't even allow goal line offense unless theyre inside the 10 yard line

Last edited by Mo; 08-03-2011 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Language
Old 08-03-2011, 05:45 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc dub frat guy
so you think a guy should be able to start out in goal line the very first play on the 20 yard line, and me, playing goal line defense, watch him do a toss, and get a TD? that is just plain ignorant and yes that is cheese. they shouldn't even allow goal line offense unless theyre inside the 10 yard line
Teams lineup in goaline when its 4th & inches all the time. Teams QB sneak at the 50 sometimes. Depends on the situation. If they didnt allow goaline other than inside the 10 there would be multiple threads complaining about this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »