Home

Jo Pa's Head is on The Chopping Block...

This is a discussion on Jo Pa's Head is on The Chopping Block... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2011, 12:49 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Jo Pa's Head is on The Chopping Block...

...in my dynasty. He's got a 31% approval rating which is the worst in the NCAA.

It's only my 2nd season but to big name coaches get axed a lot or do they have more leeway then a young coach?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2011, 12:51 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 32
Boy, talk about unrealistic.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:53 AM   #3
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Jo Pa's Head is on The Chopping Block...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkmoney11
...in my dynasty. He's got a 31% approval rating which is the worst in the NCAA.

It's only my 2nd season but to big name coaches get axed a lot or do they have more leeway then a young coach?
I would say no to the second part.. Its a computer.. they just go by the numbers.

And Joe Pa made it out of the first season? In every dynasty I have played he has retired after year one.
Old 08-02-2011, 01:03 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah...he's there. Actually...I just went and checked and he's up to a 37% ranking now. He's the 4th worst.

So, I thought, he must have won his last game to make his percentage go up. I checked that, and the worst part is...get this...THEY ARE 8-0!

This was probably discussed in that long thread about coaching carousel that I didn't read. Whatever...
Old 08-02-2011, 10:09 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

yeah there is something wrong with that i can almost accept penn state easing him out if he was 0-8 but he is 8-0 that is unacceptable
the carousel is not very realistic at all
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2011, 10:21 AM   #6
Rookie

anonymous6237's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
I would say no to the second part.. Its a computer.. they just go by the numbers.

And Joe Pa made it out of the first season? In every dynasty I have played he has retired after year one.
We're actually in our third season and he had a terrible approval rating last year (I was kind of hoping to jump into the OC job). After all was said and done, he didn't leave. This was after a year that they finished last in the B1G and got demoted to the Big East because of it (running a personalized promotion relegation setup). Seems like that would have been the year to go
Old 08-02-2011, 01:10 PM   #7
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

In my third season JoPa had the lowest HC rating and I was sure he'd get fired. But, in the off-season, when I see the Penn State job open, it says he "retired".

They gave him an honorable out!
Old 08-02-2011, 11:22 PM   #8
MVP

InspectahDeck's Arena

OVR: 18

I just finished up my fourth year and Joe Pa got canned. So did the offensive coordinator at Penn State. I have seen a lot of high profile coaches being fired in the first four seasons. Mac Brown got fired this off season. Jimbo Fisher, Les Miles, Will Muschamp and many others that I can't think of at this moment.

But what I don't get is how the heck do I get a offer? I played out my initial contract at SMU 3 years and met all my categories. I got 0 offers for any other position and it showed two positions open. SMU and TCU. I looked at both and neither was interested in my as HC. So I accept my offer of 2 years and some insane categories to reach. Somehow I reach all of them in the first year of the deal win our second national championship(back to back). I go into the off season and once again not a single offer made to me. We have won two national championships won the big 12 a few times and I think only lost 5 games in that span. No bigger program wants to offer me a job? what's up with that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »