Home

How do Recruiting "Points" actually work?

This is a discussion on How do Recruiting "Points" actually work? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-02-2011, 05:04 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: How do Recruiting "Points" actually work?

I did a mini-study on this last year when this system was introduced in NCAA11. What I found was that there isnt a direct correlation between the points you get on a call and the points that are applied to the "race" to sign the recruit. I don't remember the exact numbers, but I created two user teams in a dynasty, found a recruit that the two schools were 1-2 on and charted the pts gained per week in recruiting. Basically, the 1st team could get 300 more pts in the recruiting week, but only move from being, say 100 pts ahead to 200 pts ahead...

There never seemed to be a consistent pattern with it and I didn't extend the test out more than a few weeks. But I absolutely found that there isn't exact accounting of the points gained on calls in relation to pts ahead/behind on the recruits top 10 list...

The recruiting system looks completely unchanged this year, so I suspect its no different in NCAA12. I was hoping they'd put in a weight so that the recruit would bring up the things he favored more often, but I dont see any evidence of that yet in NCAA12

Last edited by j lilla; 08-02-2011 at 05:10 PM.
Old 08-02-2011, 05:45 PM   #10
Rookie

JMUfootball's Arena

I'd really prefer if they would take the "exact points" out of what the users see, and instead apply that system of exactitude to the "race" between schools.

The user should just see a generalization, for example an A+ pitch on a Very Important subject should just tell the user there was an "Outstanding" reception by the athlete. Of course there would be a specific amount of points earned by this, but the user wouldn't see it.

The points on the "race" should then be a cumulation of the precise points that are won. Therefore in this new precise system if I'm -107 on a guy, and I give him an A+ pitch on a Very Important subject + pipeline, I know that I'm roughly getting 100-115 points, but I don't know until next week if that literally put me in the lead or not.

That's the way it should be, in my opinion.
Old 08-02-2011, 10:36 PM   #11
Rookie

Ya I know it would be nice to see how it works
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2011, 10:42 PM   #12
MVP

Shibito's Arena

I was just trailing a 4 star Tackle by -1 to Michigan. I got lucky and got the advisor x2 bonus, put up just over 1000 points. Advanced to the next week and I'm now 60 points ahead of Michigan. I can't imagine they really scored over 900 points.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »