Home

Soft Commit Question

This is a discussion on Soft Commit Question within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2011, 02:32 PM   #41
Rookie

skeezapleez's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Soft Commit Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJ2006
I believe its in the stat columns to the right when you have a list of recruits up. You may have to scroll over a couple spots.
I guess I need to dig deeper into my recruiting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 03:03 PM   #42
Rookie

AiDub's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DookieMowf
I would also add when you compare schools, if the difference isn't at least a full grade more in your favor, it's pointless.

Not really... Every point counts my friend. Even if it's a few here and there, it adds up especially if you're in a tight battle with another school. A B+ vs B- is still a decent point gain and loss for the other team.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:43 PM   #43
Pro

jmill703's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiDub
No you're not doomed... Like many have stated before, just keep at it. Use the comparison option as much as possible to bad mouth the school that the prospect has soft-committed to.

Sometimes it's all for not but in some occasions you can do enough damage to change their mind.
Well I'm in Week 8 of my dynasty with the University of Virginia, and so far every player on my board that Soft Commits to a different school has ended up signing with the school the next week. UVA is a hassle to recruit with. They don't have any pitches that are A's except Academic Prestige. Which is low for 2/3 of the players I recruit...

I'm recruiting on Heisman and I'm having trouble signing 3-star guys. I'm losing recruiting battles with the likes of Navy, Ohio, ect. Hell, even Memphis is looking like they are going to steal one of my guys. I didn't play NCAA 11 so this recruiting engine is new to me. But I like it so far.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:31 PM   #44
Husker Power

Spooky's Arena

OVR: 8

I searched for this thread because I'm currently trying to do this. I have a 4* QB who had Iowa as #1 and me (Nebraska) #2. I was about -460 on points, and he had soft committed to Iowa. I just started bombarding him 60 minutes a week and talking crap about Iowa for a couple weeks. He finally ended his "soft commit" to Iowa, and has me #1 now, even though Iowa is only -1 in points from me. Hopefully I can land him, I've never landed someone who was soft recruited elsewhere before.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:17 PM   #45
MVP

TWOSILK's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooky
I searched for this thread because I'm currently trying to do this. I have a 4* QB who had Iowa as #1 and me (Nebraska) #2. I was about -460 on points, and he had soft committed to Iowa. I just started bombarding him 60 minutes a week and talking crap about Iowa for a couple weeks. He finally ended his "soft commit" to Iowa, and has me #1 now, even though Iowa is only -1 in points from me. Hopefully I can land him, I've never landed someone who was soft recruited elsewhere before.
but did they give him a offer?? I see people with soft commits and no offer, so i am just asking.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2011, 11:25 PM   #46
The Kaptain

gopher_guy's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiDub
Not really... Every point counts my friend. Even if it's a few here and there, it adds up especially if you're in a tight battle with another school. A B+ vs B- is still a decent point gain and loss for the other team.
Sucks when you're recruiting against teams like OSU, Alabama, etc. Can't really compare effectively to those schools

"The name on the front of the jersey is a hell of a lot more important than the one on the back."
-Herb Brooks
Old 08-05-2011, 11:29 PM   #47
MVP

TDenverFan's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
Sucks when you're recruiting against teams like OSU, Alabama, etc. Can't really compare effectively to those schools
I hate going up against the all As and A+ schools
NCAA: The College of William and Mary Tribe

William and Mary Class of 2018!
Old 08-06-2011, 06:54 AM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bgeezy87
The pink diamond used to be like a player gem, meaning a good underrated player, unless they changed it.
No, the pink diamond was introduced when EA included the dynasty accelerators. Anyone who has ever used the Recruit Adviser feature knows about this. I guess you can have the accelerators turned on without having to purchase them this year. I don't think I have ever seen anything other than a 4-star recruit have that pink diamond.

As for stealing soft commits, I might steal one or two a year. Early in my dynasties, I don't really try to compete for recruits. I go after 15 to 20 guys that I am pretty confident I will be able to land. After about five or six weeks, I start looking at 4-star recruits that aren't getting any attention and add them to my board and devote an hour to them every week. By now, I usually have several guys I can just quick call for 20 minutes.

Every time I have stolen a soft commit, it happened to be when the recruit was visiting my campus and they committed to my school after the game. If I'm way behind a school, I won't bother unless I have the time to devote to the recruit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »