Home

Why do I get pancaked all the time on defense?

This is a discussion on Why do I get pancaked all the time on defense? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2011, 01:36 AM   #9
Rookie

okstate19's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Why do I get pancaked all the time on defense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
I have found that if I try to bull rush or spin move to quickly, then I get pancaked/thrown down. As far as stopping the run, I just engage the lineman and wait for the direction to move to.

I have also found just trying to run away from the block, even when already engaged, is better than trying a right stick move especially if my player isn't highly rated in spin move/bull rush.

But other times, there is nothing you can do.. Their o-line is in the Red (the player level thing) and I just get put on my *** time and time again.
I totally agree with this. I've found that the more often than not if I try a right-stick move right as the ball is snapped, my lineman ends up on his face.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:39 AM   #10
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by okstate19
I totally agree with this. I've found that the more often than not if I try a right-stick move right as the ball is snapped, my lineman ends up on his face.
I hate it when i'm running to the line of scrimmage thinking im going to get engaged in a block and flick my right analog to the right or left to only find out that i'm not engaged. Thus having my player stick stick mid air.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:41 AM   #11
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye02
I hate it when i'm running to the line of scrimmage thinking im going to get engaged in a block and flick my right analog to the right or left to only find out that i'm not engaged. Thus having my player stick stick mid air.
Haha it looks like they trip on the white yard line and fall on their face
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 01:41 AM   #12
MVP

timmg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspectahDeck
I get into trouble if I try to make a move to quickly after the snap. Most of the time I will try to get up field 2-3 steps before I try to get off the offensive lineman. If I try to beat him off the snap the majority of the time I get thrown flat on my face.
THIS IS TRUE!! you are right my friend, I noticed if i engage first, then try a swim move i dont get pancaked as often.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:44 AM   #13
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

Hey, kind of off topic but still sort of relevant... (If that's possible.)

Have you guys noticed if you take a MLB and time the snap perfectly and try to blast through the A gap, The guard instantly chop blocks you? Next time I see it happen, Ill upload a video.. but its really ridiculous.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:46 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicMan1315
Hey, kind of off topic but still sort of relevant... (If that's possible.)

Have you guys noticed if you take a MLB and time the snap perfectly and try to blast through the A gap, The guard instantly chop blocks you? Next time I see it happen, Ill upload a video.. but its really ridiculous.
Yup, all the time. Ive noticed that its with any gap, and any o-lineman.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:54 AM   #15
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye02
Yup, all the time. Ive noticed that its with any gap, and any o-lineman.
It really takes the fun out of blitzing MLB in my 3-4... I would love to see one of them just blind side the QB right after the snap or hell, even "hurdle" the chop blocking linemen and wrap up the ball carrier (wishful thinking I know) but instead... Its pretty much a disadvantage if I do time the snap correctly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 02:30 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 19

GotMadSkillz broke down which OL ratings determine the pancake animation.

Using his suggestions along with some of Playmakers tweaks also, teams like Airforce that have very small lineman never pancake players (lowered their STR rating), but still make their blocks because of high ACC/AGL/BLK Footwork and very high **AWR and Impact Blocking (very important).

The T's and wingbacks cut-block alot with these ratings adjustments instead of trying to drive-block (ala pancaked animation).

G's and Center's still get driven backwards by bigger/stronger players because of their low STR rating, but limit that Bullrush animation because of the high BLK Footwork.

Also, because of the high AWR rating, OL behave accordingly like picking up blitzes and double-teaming properly.

-CPU will even motion/shift a TE to help out that Tackle that's being beaten or driven back on a regular basis.

Unlike in previous years, AWR is the golden nugget for Gameplay improvements.

If they would only Tune the the game to generate Recruit ratings at these suggested levels, people's minds would be blown away by the Gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »