Home

Why do I get pancaked all the time on defense?

This is a discussion on Why do I get pancaked all the time on defense? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2011, 03:51 AM   #17
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Why do I get pancaked all the time on defense?

The #1 problem most have is they try to do moves before ever engaging the lineman. You will fall on your face 99.9% of the time if you do that because you are basically just throwing yourself against... nothing. Engage, watch the play, then make your move. There is no point in trying to get to the QB if he's handing it off to the back, it will probably change what move you should do. It takes patience, which is saying a lot for something that you do in just a few seconds.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:56 AM   #18
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by dochalladay32
The #1 problem most have is they try to do moves before ever engaging the lineman. You will fall on your face 99.9% of the time if you do that because you are basically just throwing yourself against... nothing. Engage, watch the play, then make your move. There is no point in trying to get to the QB if he's handing it off to the back, it will probably change what move you should do. It takes patience, which is saying a lot for something that you do in just a few seconds.
You have to watch the QB/RB and your player at the same time. Pretty difficult to do from the player lock and the non player lock. Playing as a MLB of course. I love cathing the gaurd pulling....thats really the only time you can shoot the gap without being chopped.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #19
Rookie

attheskylines's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Seriously, anyone know a way to avoid getting pancaked all the time if you are a defensive lineman?
I've noticed this same issue too. Engaging with the OL for at least a couple of seconds seems to help before making your move. I've also started using Player Lock and this has made a world of difference.
Old 08-03-2011, 04:54 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Thanks all for the tip, will try them out..

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 08-03-2011, 04:59 PM   #21
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

This is correct.

The problem I have is when I control the D-line and use pre-snap guess pass play, the game wants to register me pushing up on the stick as a move. So, whenever I guess pass play, 90% of the time I end up on the turf.

Can you guess the play at any time or does it have to be right at the snap?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 05:39 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbc72
This is correct.

The problem I have is when I control the D-line and use pre-snap guess pass play, the game wants to register me pushing up on the stick as a move. So, whenever I guess pass play, 90% of the time I end up on the turf.

+1........
Old 08-03-2011, 06:28 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbc72
This is correct.

I don't know the true answer but I've found that anytime before the snap it works. At least according to the line shifting after the snap and the strategy +3 for passing.
I just kind of wish while playing the left or right run, it would at least leave 1 player on d going the other way in case of the misdirection or cutbacks.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:30 PM   #24
Rookie

WestMag's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
This ^^^^ There was a thread on this a while back. If you are jumping the snap, don't hold the right stick down the whole time. Only use the right stick when engaged with an Olineman. This is exactly why a manual should be included with the game!! People who have been playing the game for years still don't know how to play it properly. Seriously, I will pay for a manual if you just produce it EA. Im tired of learning how to play the game based off of trial-and-error guesses gleaned from members of OS! If you want to stay "green" make it downloadable.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »