Home

PATCH INFO RELEASED..progression not fixed?

This is a discussion on PATCH INFO RELEASED..progression not fixed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2011, 08:00 PM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: PATCH INFO RELEASED..progression not fixed?

how is progression a problem? in my dynasty, teams are actually getting WORSE instead of better.
if anything, the default rosters are too highly rated because once the freshmen from default rosters graduate, teams take a large hit to their overall rating. oklahoma had 99 offense and 99 defense in year 3 of my dynasty, now theyre about 90 offense 90 defense.

in year 4 of my dynasty, the top ten players in the ncaa are 8 qb's and 2 kickers! progression is an issue but not because players are too good. there isnt a single LT in the ncaa rated 90 or above. this would never happen in real life.

i think their needs to be more diversity in the 5 star recruits. right now, the only 5 stars are wr's hb's and athletes. i have personally never seen a 5 star olineman which is totally unrealistic.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:37 PM   #74
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
I wouldn't say that. LB's hardly affect me much because nearly every time I go over the middle I lob it now so LB's can't touch it, but when I do throw a bullet sometimes I see LB's that in real life would never have been able to react, stop, jump, and touch the ball in the amount of time they do.

The biggest problem I have with the LB's on passes over the middle are not their verticals because they aren't that unrealistic. I have a problem with how quickly they react and how they act like momentum does not affect them. That's what makes them super.
Hit it right on the head. Same thing with the DBs at times. I will see a DB turn on a dime and jump right on an INT like he is Deion Sanders. I mean its cool every now and then especially if its a highly rated CB but not when Im playing Duke...
Old 08-04-2011, 07:10 AM   #75
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackbabyathletics
how is progression a problem? in my dynasty, teams are actually getting WORSE instead of better.
if anything, the default rosters are too highly rated because once the freshmen from default rosters graduate, teams take a large hit to their overall rating. oklahoma had 99 offense and 99 defense in year 3 of my dynasty, now theyre about 90 offense 90 defense.

in year 4 of my dynasty, the top ten players in the ncaa are 8 qb's and 2 kickers! progression is an issue but not because players are too good. there isnt a single LT in the ncaa rated 90 or above. this would never happen in real life.

i think their needs to be more diversity in the 5 star recruits. right now, the only 5 stars are wr's hb's and athletes. i have personally never seen a 5 star olineman which is totally unrealistic.

You dont start seeing the crazy progression until about year 6 or 7. Get ready to see about 20 QB's with 99 overall ratings.(no joke) After about year 6 pretty much every QB you face is awesome.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 07:52 AM   #76

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

i wouldn't have an issue with the "super lb" or "psychic db" if my players did the same things on defense. I also wouldn't have an issue if my offensive players would make the same concerted effort the db/lbs do. After that happens, there's no issue.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:01 AM   #77
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

Should we call this solved then? Coach progression needs to be toned down?
Old 08-04-2011, 11:05 AM   #78
MVP

Quint75's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavfan21
The coach progression is what is causing the player progression. If you notice it's the AWR, BTK (for HB's), and PRC (for MLBS) that is going bonkers. Hundreds of guys have 99 AWR by season 3. The coach prestige progression causes this.

Once that is tuned down the player progression will be solid.
Where has it been said that coaching progression is going to be fixed? It was not on the list of patch upgrades, much to my huge disappointment. Unless EA has specifically adressed this, don't count on it being fixed.

It has made Coaching Carousel absolutely useless.
NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
EPL: Liverpool Reds
Old 08-04-2011, 01:57 PM   #79
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quint75
Where has it been said that coaching progression is going to be fixed? It was not on the list of patch upgrades, much to my huge disappointment. Unless EA has specifically adressed this, don't count on it being fixed.

It has made Coaching Carousel absolutely useless.
I don't think he was saying its going to be on the patch. Just saying that's the big issue with progression as someone said they thought only school prestige affected the progression.
Old 08-04-2011, 02:19 PM   #80
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJ2006
I don't think he was saying its going to be on the patch. Just saying that's the big issue with progression as someone said they thought only school prestige affected the progression.
Exactly what I was saying.

I HOPE it is fixed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »