Home

PATCH INFO RELEASED..progression not fixed?

This is a discussion on PATCH INFO RELEASED..progression not fixed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2011, 07:49 PM   #121
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: PATCH INFO RELEASED..progression not fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlglide
I'm confused. 64 99s in year 10? I'm in year 12 of a dynasty and there are only 16 99s in the entire NCAA.

Progression is completely fine -- EXCEPT for QBs. Of the 16 99s in my dynasty, 11 are QBs. And I think about 40 QBs are 90+, which dwarfs every other position. As far as I can tell, the problem is in-season progression -- QBs seem to be the only position that improves with in-season progression, so over the course of a 4-5 year career they can pick up an additional 5-10 points that other players don't get. I realize it's mostly because they all have 99 awareness, and the overall rating isn't that important, but it's just annoying to see almost every team with a 90+ overall QB.

They need to fix QB progression; beyond that I don't see any problem. Unless my dynasty is completely abnormal for some reason.
My sim i did 10 years and at the start i had i think 19-21 99's at the start of the season and a HUGE amount of 95's-98's. At the end of the year basicly all of them became 99's. check the number at the end of the year. I agree, in-season is a major problem and a major cause of the total problem. I think they should cut that out in total. It's uneven if there is no digression to all the progression.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #122
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by edlglide
Also, the coach progression definitely needs to be fixed since there are way too many A+ coaches. But I don't understand why other people have so many 99 overall players and I don't. In fact, most positions don't even have a 98 or 97 in my dynasty.
Be grateful for that, i wish i had a stable dynasty
Old 08-09-2011, 12:43 AM   #123
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamer21
My sim i did 10 years and at the start i had i think 19-21 99's at the start of the season and a HUGE amount of 95's-98's. At the end of the year basicly all of them became 99's. check the number at the end of the year. I agree, in-season is a major problem and a major cause of the total problem. I think they should cut that out in total. It's uneven if there is no digression to all the progression.
I'll sim some seasons and see what I come up with.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 08-09-2011, 04:16 AM   #124
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
No its not. The AWR rating for QB's is WAYYYY outta left field. Thats the coach progression. I feel if there was no in-season progression, it might fix it. An example i said earlier, Joe Southwick - 83ovr - Boise State backup. In-Season goes to a 88 without playing time than to a 94 with off season progression. If EA could just cut in season progression that would only be a 89. Still maybe to high but than that would be on the default rosters. But its most definately coach progression as a main source problem.

The QB's are rated the way they are so the sim stats work well, QB completion % is directly tied to the awareness rating. We don't even know how this translates to exported draft classes, this might be working as intended. The sim stats for QB's are the best they've been in years, quit getting hung up on overall ratings.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:55 AM   #125
Banned

Speaking of Draft Classes. Can someone who has the PocketScout PLEASEEE PM me or post on this thread. The pocketscout lets you see exported draft classes but only works for 360 and i have PS3. This would be a puzzle piece in the problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-10-2011, 11:11 AM   #126
Pro

OVR: 2

Yeah, I'm not seeing it either. Just a limited sample set but progression is working fine in my offline dynasty. I was worried as year's 2/3/4 seemed to have a high number of 99's, but once I got past those first few seasons to see more than 10 99's was very rare, I think this current season I only have 3 or 4. Perhaps something to do with the starting roster rating the younger players a little high? Either way, I'm happy with progression for players this year so far - and being able to edit guys to keep a happy balance for me and my Madden draft classes (assuming there aren't too many to edit) if I do see a blip is a fantastic add.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:59 PM   #127
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcavner
Yeah, I'm not seeing it either. Just a limited sample set but progression is working fine in my offline dynasty. I was worried as year's 2/3/4 seemed to have a high number of 99's, but once I got past those first few seasons to see more than 10 99's was very rare, I think this current season I only have 3 or 4. Perhaps something to do with the starting roster rating the younger players a little high? Either way, I'm happy with progression for players this year so far - and being able to edit guys to keep a happy balance for me and my Madden draft classes (assuming there aren't too many to edit) if I do see a blip is a fantastic add.

Once again its not until you get past your 6 season or so...that is when you will see 20+ 99 overalls and 100's of players in the 95-98 range.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:50 PM   #128
Rookie

Quote:
THIS IS NOT TRUE. The numbers i've talked about since i created the thread was with CC off. The Progression is still out of hand. And to all the people saying that just because a person is a 99 doesn't mean he is good, that doesn't make sense. A 99 is given after a collection of ratings that matter to a postion is obviously high, therefore making him good. With the abundance of 99Ovr QB's, your gunna say some are not good? that could be in fact the roster glitch having people playing out of tendency
Sorry your way off base. Progression is excellent with CC off. Period. I've done testing and simming to back it up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtneer08
Once again its not until you get past your 6 season or so...that is when you will see 20+ 99 overalls and 100's of players in the 95-98 range.
This is correct. With CC on, 2016 and beyond gets ridiculous. 99 players everywhere, cheapening the experience.

For players like me tho, that have no desire in swapping teams... who cares? CC off and progression issue=solved.

Last edited by Kefka; 08-10-2011 at 07:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »