Home

PATCH INFO RELEASED..progression not fixed?

This is a discussion on PATCH INFO RELEASED..progression not fixed? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2011, 10:11 AM   #41
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: PATCH INFO RELEASED..progression not fixed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportsgamer21
if it would be fixed in a tuner set, it would have been done already. patch has to go through things while a tuner can be done instantly. They games been out for almost a month, it would have been addreased already. it was patch or nothing and its looking like nothing.
You obviously have some issues and just need to step back and calm down. Who's to say that it won't be a tuner set that is put out with or soon after the patch? I am not EA's biggest fan with this franchise but they did put forth a list of a lot of things they are fixing in this patch, which leads me to believe that all of their time has been spent on that since Day 1 - maybe that is the next issue to be fixed and can be achieved via a tuner set that as you said can be released whenever and therefore is not a top priority over that which can only be patched. I agree we shouldn't have these type of issues in the game but we do so all we can do is wait and see what fixes we get.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 10:11 AM   #42
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
No one said it wouldn't be fixed.

Last years progression fix was in a tuner set.
I have heard alot of people saying the tuner set, and I know it was used and talked about alot last year.

But I have not heard a word about it this year.....especially have not heard a word from EA on it. (are we sure it is in there ?)

We are over 3 weeks in, I would think if it could be used to fix some things, especially things it did last year, they would have done a tuning by now ? ?

Old 08-03-2011, 10:17 AM   #43
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon46
I have heard alot of people saying the tuner set, and I know it was used and talked about alot last year.

But I have not heard a word about it this year.....especially have not heard a word from EA on it. (are we sure it is in there ?)

We are over 3 weeks in, I would think if it could be used to fix some things, especially things it did last year, they would have done a tuning by now ? ?
Well, I understand your point, but I'm thinking your not seeing the whole picture.

I feel the developers are more concerned with the freezing issues, the roster issue, etc.... and getting the hard core stuff that needs fixing in a patch and once everything is fixed and sent to MS/Sony, then they will address the tuner set. According to Bumble, the tuner set will come out around the same time as the patch.

This explanation is for sportgamer as well.

It's not "all or nothing" unless you hear from EA. Bumble has contacts at EA, I trust him vs someone randomly saying, "it's all or nothing."

Last edited by roadman; 08-03-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:22 AM   #44
Football Fanatic

Yukon46's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Well, I understand your point, but I'm thinking your not seeing the whole picture.

I feel the developers are more concerned with the freezing issues, the roster issue, etc.... and getting the hard core stuff that needs fixing in a patch and once everything is fixed and sent to MS/Sony, then they will address the tuner set. According to Bumble, the tuner set will come out around the same time as the patch.

This explanation is for sportgamer as well.
I too understand your point, I am just saying...I remember it being talked about last year from EA. To my knowledge, I have not seen anything from EA, talking about tuner set use this year.

I just wondered if I missed something from EA or are we all just assuming it is gonna be used and it will always be in the games from last year, forward. Last year the first tuner set came out on Aug 5...but I am sure it was talked about well before that date.

Last edited by Yukon46; 08-03-2011 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:15 AM   #45
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukon46
I too understand your point, I am just saying...I remember it being talked about last year from EA. To my knowledge, I have not seen anything from EA, talking about tuner set use this year.

I just wondered if I missed something from EA or are we all just assuming it is gonna be used and it will always be in the games from last year, forward. Last year the first tuner set came out on Aug 5...but I am sure it was talked about well before that date.
I'm going off of Bumble as I mentioned above.

He has contacts with EA and is the one that told us that the tuner set will be released close to the patch date. I don't think he would say that just for the sake of saying it, don't you agree?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 11:27 AM   #46
Rookie

Marv_Levy's Arena

OVR: 1

it doesn't matter to me one bit because its still even. Yeah some guy that should be a 92 is a 99 now but then again some guy who should be a 72 is a 79 so it all evens out.
Old 08-03-2011, 11:30 AM   #47
Working for the weekend

Herky's Arena

OVR: 32

Isn't progression just fine for a few years?

I've never made it past year 5 in NCAA. I can't imagine going 20 seasons deep and would imagine it's pretty hard to fix progression for that far out.

As long as it's good (and from the Operations Sports podcast a few weeks back) it sounded like it was fine.

I think it's the bloated roster ratings that EA starts with that is to blame. Everyone is rated so high.

Iowa Hawkeyes
Northern Iowa Panthers
Minnesota Vikings
Chicago Cubs
Minnesota Twins
Boston Celtics
Minnesota Timberwolves
Old 08-03-2011, 11:50 AM   #48
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herky
Isn't progression just fine for a few years?

I've never made it past year 5 in NCAA. I can't imagine going 20 seasons deep and would imagine it's pretty hard to fix progression for that far out.

As long as it's good (and from the Operations Sports podcast a few weeks back) it sounded like it was fine.

I think it's the bloated roster ratings that EA starts with that is to blame. Everyone is rated so high.
No. all the D's disappear. All the C's become B's. There become so many A rated teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »