Home

Guess we're stuck with broken Uniform Degradation

This is a discussion on Guess we're stuck with broken Uniform Degradation within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2011, 11:08 AM   #25
Pro

jmill703's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Guess we're stuck with broken Uniform Degradation

Quote:
Originally Posted by chapmanosu1
It'd be nice if they gave incoming recruits gloves as well. A little thing, but it looks really dumb when 4 years after you start your dynasty, no one has gloves on.
This is a non-issue... Stop being lazy and edit your incoming freshmen to have the equipment you want.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 11:45 AM   #26
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by FightinSnydersKSU
You do realize that uniforms don't get dirty on Field turf right?
cmon dude...im not that dumb. tested it on multiple grass stadiums before i came to my own conclusion its broke. and i purposefully played the game pre-patch to see it actually work, then compare and contrast after patch to see it not work for my own eyes, even tho everyone here had already done it. go see the long thread titled "visual issues after patch 1" or something like that...clear cut evidence with pictures to confirm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Knowing EA, something that wasn't on the list is either going to get broken or fixed. Sorry, they did it with the first patch (release) - who's to say they won't do it again.

Feels like Christmas morning
hopefully they "phantom fix" it since they never admitted it broke with the 1st patch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I don't Know how anyone couldn't notice personally. I mean one team is dirty as pigs and the other is pristine...it's pretty jarring to look at.
THANK YOU...im in total agreeance. it aint like im making a big deal, but its just an eyesore when the darker team is dirtier before u. its impossible not to notice. theres no way a dark navy blue uconn uni gets dirty before an all white. not to mention, if u wear dark pants and a white jersey...ur pants are dirty but ur top is perfect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeclone
This one has me puzzled. I'm on 360 and my uniform degradation is perfect. I don't know what people are wanting here, maybe like Madden 09 where the uniform was totally covered in mud?

I for one am just fine with the way it is. They actually get a little too dirty compared to a real life game IMHO, but I'm fine with that.

Just last night, I played a game on a clear day, not even any rain, and both teams were dirty including GA. Tech who was in white on white.

I can sort of see where people say the darker uniforms show more, but I think its just the way it works. If you look at what's showing up on those darker uni's a lot of it is white streaks and such that would not show on a white uni, I'm cool with it.
Just curious...did u download the first patch? i ask because the 1st patch is what broke it. and like i said, i have seen it happen appropriately 2x after the patch. thats why i question whether they screwed up the lighting to only cover it up in certain stadiums. its like if u squint sometimes u can see dirt...but it looks like theres an opaque layer over the top of the dirt which makes it not show up right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi_hawks
Prioritization.

Unform degridation is something they need to fix, but considering the time and resource limitations, I'm guessing they cannot get this done in the next patch.

I wish the game had it, but I barely notice this to be honest.

Is this a PS3 only issue?
im on a 360. if i remember correctly from the thread i referenced above "visual issues after patch 1", i believe ps3 and 360 was broken after the 1st patch. all i can say about the time and resources is it shouldnt take that long to track down considering it worked b4 the patch and was broken after it. its narrowed down to whatever they changed in respects to lighting in that patch most likely. they had the time to break it in a patch, shouldnt be hard to fix it back in a patch.
----------------------
Madden Since '92
Old 08-04-2011, 11:51 AM   #27
SD/LA Chargers?

TheBrothers24's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmill703
This is a non-issue... Stop being lazy and edit your incoming freshmen to have the equipment you want.
Would it be lazy of him to not edit the other 118 schools in his dynasty so that all incoming freshman have gloves on? Would it be best for him to just edit the 12 teams on his schedule so that he doesn't see this issue?

It isn't the biggest issue in the world but it is a valid one. It would also be very time consuming to fix every single incoming freshman and do it every single year.

I personally never looked or checked for this issue though so it may or may not be true.
Old 08-04-2011, 11:59 AM   #28
Pro

jmill703's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBrothers24
Would it be lazy of him to not edit the other 118 schools in his dynasty so that all incoming freshman have gloves on? Would it be best for him to just edit the 12 teams on his schedule so that he doesn't see this issue?

It isn't the biggest issue in the world but it is a valid one. It would also be very time consuming to fix every single incoming freshman and do it every single year.

I personally never looked or checked for this issue though so it may or may not be true.
I didn't think about it like that, I thought he was talking about only his team. I usually only get through 3-4 years of my dynasty, but most of the incoming players come in with decent equipment that correlates to their position. The only thing that bugs me is when all the linemen recruits come in with those 1970's Astro Turf Elbow Pads...
Old 08-04-2011, 12:01 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

i was really hoping for this as well as a voulume adjustment.. the sound is just low in general even with the volume sliders adjusted i also wish they would eventually add pride stickers to teambuilder

Miami Hurricanes
New Orleans Saints
Tulane greenwave
LSU Tigers.. unless theyre playing the canes or the wave..
Old 08-04-2011, 12:11 PM   #30
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

If anything, uniform degradation has been OVERDONE last year. How many time do you watch a COLLEGE game and at the end of it, there are these massive dirt splotches on them? The answer is not often, only when it rains. Some of these fields are in better condition than the pros. Don't even get me started on when dirt shows up when playing on turf...

Last year, when you played a 3:00 game, This is what we got:

When this is what it should look like:

Compared to:

if anything, EA did a good job of it this year

@AdamdotH
Old 08-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #31
Pro

northface28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmill703
I didn't think about it like that, I thought he was talking about only his team. I usually only get through 3-4 years of my dynasty, but most of the incoming players come in with decent equipment that correlates to their position. The only thing that bugs me is when all the linemen recruits come in with those 1970's Astro Turf Elbow Pads...
I hate those elbow pads.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 01:38 PM   #32
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatsonTiger
If anything, uniform degradation has been OVERDONE last year. How many time do you watch a COLLEGE game and at the end of it, there are these massive dirt splotches on them? The answer is not often, only when it rains. Some of these fields are in better condition than the pros. Don't even get me started on when dirt shows up when playing on turf...

Last year, when you played a 3:00 game, This is what we got:

When this is what it should look like:

Compared to:

if anything, EA did a good job of it this year
thats the problem...when it rains it looks like the real life LSU pic u posted...only for the team wearing white. theyre squeaky clean while meanwhile the other team with colors on looks appropriate for playing in a rain game. THATS THE PROBLEM.

in ncaa 12 pre-patch(before it broke the white unis)...in dry games and turf games the degradation was perfect honestly. not overdone at all. ah well...looks like we're stuck. i seriously doubt they do a patch #3 since its my understanding that they gotta pony up the money for it.
----------------------
Madden Since '92

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »