Home

Noel Devine

This is a discussion on Noel Devine within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2011, 02:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Noel Devine

hahahahhah I remember how all these WV fans used to cry about Noel Devine's ratings in NCAA .... he was faster in real life , he was this or he was that... well I guess it didn't matter in the real world because he didn't get drafted and was waived ..... I guess NCAA sometimes gets things right ... LOL
Sammy LN52A750.Onkyo TXSR706.Sammy UN46B8000,Yamaha RXV465,3 Monster THX Speakers 200 w/Monster stands.2 Monster THX Speaker 100 w/Monster stands.Klipsch SUB10.PS3,Xbox 360 w/HDMI.Directv HDDVR Black.Iomega HD multimedia drive.Gateway Custom Made Gaming PC connected to TV via HDMI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 02:32 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Noel Devine

You can have all the speed in the world and still go undrafted.

In the NFL, everyone is that fast. You can't survive on speed alone.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:35 PM   #3
Rookie

yup ... it just makes me mad when I see people complaining about the rosters that the community do for us. They complain about the ratings of the players from their favorite schools and make a big deal about it.
Sammy LN52A750.Onkyo TXSR706.Sammy UN46B8000,Yamaha RXV465,3 Monster THX Speakers 200 w/Monster stands.2 Monster THX Speaker 100 w/Monster stands.Klipsch SUB10.PS3,Xbox 360 w/HDMI.Directv HDDVR Black.Iomega HD multimedia drive.Gateway Custom Made Gaming PC connected to TV via HDMI.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:38 PM   #4
Pro

northface28's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogo27
You can have all the speed in the world and still go undrafted.

In the NFL, everyone is that fast. You can't survive on speed alone.
I wish this theory was true in Madden.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:39 PM   #5
Rookie

vstrong50's Arena

OVR: 0

yeah...there have never been any total athletic/statistical freaks in college who didnt make it in the NFL.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 02:41 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

Noel Devine and Jimmy Clausen were two recruits that I just remember following from when they were in High School and into college... and just remember the madness that surrounded those two players. I guess neither were really busts, but I don't think that either of the two lived up to the massive hype either -- in college or now in the pros.
Old 08-03-2011, 03:00 PM   #7
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehitokiri
hahahahhah I remember how all these WV fans used to cry about Noel Devine's ratings in NCAA .... he was faster in real life , he was this or he was that... well I guess it didn't matter in the real world because he didn't get drafted and was waived ..... I guess NCAA sometimes gets things right ... LOL
College and the NFL are 2 completely different beasts and you can't say that since someone didn't make it in the pros that they weren't good in college. Denard Robinson is an awesome spread QB and should be rated highly as one, but he'd never make it as an NFL QB. That doesn't mean that he should be rated low in NCAA because he's very good @ what he does (did). The same is true for Devine.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 08-03-2011, 03:47 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Noel Devine was never the same after his injury. He was unstoppable but after the injury he lost everyhting that made him so good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »