Home

Created an option offense worksheet/help guide

This is a discussion on Created an option offense worksheet/help guide within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2011, 04:41 PM   #1
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

OVR: 3
Created an option offense worksheet/help guide

Posted this at another site as well and figured I would share.

A lot of people are having a hard-time running the option in this year's version of NCAA 12. Therefore, I went ahead and made a option spreadsheet for those who are struggling. It's very simple. It covers the spread, the flexbone and the I-Form option. It gives you the type of play, the read and the decision you should make. After an hour or so in practice mode, you should be more comfortable with the option offense as a whole.

Just a couple of notes. 1)The option is somewhat ****ed this year. As the animations for the spread offense on read plays, etc. is too slow. I found some success with those plays, but, not a ton. 2) I don't know all the playbooks that have option plays out of the I-Formation. I do know the generic option playbook does though. Plus it also has wishbone & flexbone along with other personnel formations. 3) If you practice with this for 30 mins-1 hour, I honestly think you will see some good results...especially in the flexbone and I-Formation plays. The key is to not be so damn quick with the read. Don't rush the handoff because you think the DE is gonna sit down. Wait till you see the animation then make your decision to keep or not.

Hope it helps any of you struggling with the option! Also, it is a very fun offense to play with. Once you get it down, you can really become a problem for guys online and the CPU on the higher difficulties. Just remember to sprinkle in some pass! If you can annoy people online to cheat up, that's when you audible to all go routes and shred them through the air.

Here is the upload link:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=09S7UDCG
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 06:52 PM   #2
Rookie

attheskylines's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Created an option offense worksheet/help guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf16

A lot of people are having a hard-time running the option in this year's version of NCAA 12. Therefore, I went ahead and made a option spreadsheet for those who are struggling. It's very simple. It covers the spread, the flexbone and the I-Form option. It gives you the type of play, the read and the decision you should make. After an hour or so in practice mode, you should be more comfortable with the option offense as a whole.

Just a couple of notes. 1)The option is somewhat ****ed this year. As the animations for the spread offense on read plays, etc. is too slow. I found some success with those plays, but, not a ton. 2) I don't know all the playbooks that have option plays out of the I-Formation. I do know the generic option playbook does though. Plus it also has wishbone & flexbone along with other personnel formations. 3) If you practice with this for 30 mins-1 hour, I honestly think you will see some good results...especially in the flexbone and I-Formation plays. The key is to not be so damn quick with the read. Don't rush the handoff because you think the DE is gonna sit down. Wait till you see the animation then make your decision to keep or not.

Hope it helps any of you struggling with the option! Also, it is a very fun offense to play with. Once you get it down, you can really become a problem for guys online and the CPU on the higher difficulties. Just remember to sprinkle in some pass! If you can annoy people online to cheat up, that's when you audible to all go routes and shred them through the air.

Here is the upload link:
Awesome! Thank you for the hard work. I'll be taking a look at this later as I'm trying to get a grasp on running the option. I'm improving everytime I play with it, but this will help a lot I'm sure.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:39 PM   #3
MVP

RebelHog's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanLeaf16

Here is the upload link:
Can you move this to Google Documents, some people may not download from megaupload it's a place, that houses illegal stuff.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:52 PM   #4
Rookie

kiz5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelHog
Can you move this to Google Documents, some people may not download from megaupload it's a place, that houses illegal stuff.
Agreed, please.
Madden gamer since 93, Madden Online Record: 252-31, #360 overall
NCAA gamer since 2002
Old 08-03-2011, 08:18 PM   #5
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebelHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiz5
Agreed, please.
Per your requests. I have moved it to google docs.

Link: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...hl=en_US#gid=0
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 09:32 PM   #6
Rookie

kiz5's Arena

Can you adjust it so users don't need to request access as well?
Madden gamer since 93, Madden Online Record: 252-31, #360 overall
NCAA gamer since 2002
Old 08-03-2011, 09:35 PM   #7
Pro

RyanLeaf16's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiz5
Can you adjust it so users don't need to request access as well?
Done! Sorry, I didn't realize I had to share it publicly. I thought you could access it with just the link.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...10ekE&hl=en_US
Old 08-04-2011, 03:19 AM   #8
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

I've had loads more success with the spread option game by allowing the QB to finish his fake hand-off animation before taking off. Someone on the boards suggested it, and for whatever reason the defense tends to bite on the fake longer if you give the QB about a second to finish out that fake hand-off animation (assuming the DE crashes).

I run an option offense as the OC at Southern Miss (first at FIU) and I have a lot of success overall. I use flexbone, I-form, and spread options. Spread options have the least success for me, but I am doing better since implementing what I mentioned above.

I have a lot of trouble against anything except a 4-man front though. The last three teams I've played in my dynasty have been 3-4 or 3-5-5 and I've had to resort to load option and a traditional running game. I don't like that the read is ALWAYS the last man on the line WITH HIS HAND ON THE GROUND. Against a 3-4, the read should be the OLB. I always feel like I'm running a midline option against a 3-man front and the game clearly isn't tailored to run this play.

Last edited by bgeno; 08-04-2011 at 03:21 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »