Home

A Misunderstanding about NCAA 2004 running game.

This is a discussion on A Misunderstanding about NCAA 2004 running game. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2003, 08:20 PM   #9
G**d S**s*n F*ll*s

airbarrett's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: A Misunderstanding about NCAA 2004 running game.

the thing that frustrates me more than the computer not runnin enough is that the computer is unpredictable... like the other night i was playin UNC vs. Florida State and FSU ran the ball on 3rd and 17... then after they got the first down passed the ball on 3rd and 1... it's a *tiny* bit unrealistic to run the ball on 3rd and 17... don't you agree?
Old 09-05-2003, 08:39 PM   #10
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Bill Abner is correct in the fact that even if a runner does not get 20 plus their the team still runs more than they pass. they may rush 30 plus times with all their RBs and QB combined for at least 150 yards.
Old 09-05-2003, 08:54 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hey guys, just to help with the run v/ pass discussion, here are some numbers from last year's full season...all 117 D1 teams' games:

Rushing (Per Team)
Attempts Per Game: 39.49
Yards Per Attempt: 4.01
Yards Per Game: 158.41

Passing (Per Team)
Attempts Per Game: 31.17
Completion %: 55.38%
Yards Per Attempt: 6.98
Yards Per Game: 217.61

So teams rushed on approx. 56% of their plays. And when you figure in the NCAA, sacks are counted as rushing attempts, the number moves a bit closer to a 50/50 mix. This just continues a trend of more and more teams in college adopting pass first mentalities. Of course, this is an aggregate stat, the per team ratios (don't quote me here, these are from memory), were as extreme as 75% one way or the other for the outliers, either way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2003, 01:26 AM   #12
MVP

Bill_Abner's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

airbarrett said:
the thing that frustrates me more than the computer not runnin enough is that the computer is unpredictable... like the other night i was playin UNC vs. Florida State and FSU ran the ball on 3rd and 17... then after they got the first down passed the ball on 3rd and 1... it's a *tiny* bit unrealistic to run the ball on 3rd and 17... don't you agree?

Depends on the situation. You'll see teams run the ball on 3rd and very long all the time if they are in their own territory. Usually a draw play of some kind. If they are backed up inside their own 30, 3rd and more than 15..that's not that strange.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »