Home

How to make the CPU jump offsides?

This is a discussion on How to make the CPU jump offsides? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2011, 08:22 PM   #1
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

OVR: 13
Red face How to make the CPU jump offsides?

Honestly? I see that little indicator at the bottom of my screen that states that the CPU is consistently jumping the snap, so you'd figure I could get 'em to jump offsides with a fake snap or two. Well, that has approximately a 0% success rate as I'm called for a false start 100% of the time I try it.

$100 for anyone who guesses what happens on the very next play. They jump it and sack me before I've even planted my feet since my offensive linemen are busy taking a dump on the EA logo plastered all over the field, meanwhile I have 14 99 OVR WRs wide open downfield with only 1 82 OVR DB covering all of them, but I'm hesitant to even throw the ball because I'm afraid that he'll do cartwheels across the field and pick it off with his feet while doing a 720 nosedive and breaking 14 tackles on his way to the endzone while all of my teammates are busy taking bad angles and getting suctioned into 78 OVR LBs.

Yeah. I've recently realized that the CPU cheeses more than XxBAMA_ASSASSINxX. CPU for cheeser of the year award.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 09:11 PM   #2
Rookie

WestMag's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: How to make the CPU jump offsides?

I could be mistaken, but didnt you start a thread asking EA not to patch the gameplay?
Old 08-03-2011, 09:18 PM   #3
MVP

Shibito's Arena

OVR: 0

I've drawn the defense offsides a couple times. It's hard to catch them jumping and get the ball off before they get back though.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:38 PM   #4
Banned

ViLLiO's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestMag
I could be mistaken, but didnt you start a thread asking EA not to patch the gameplay?
Just now started getting into the meat of my CPU schedule in OD mode. I should clarify; EA please don't patch the online gameplay!

CPU sucks.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:39 PM   #5
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

Someone needs a drink...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2011, 09:52 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0

I actually have pretty decent success getting them to jump offside. It's usually when I get into a rhythm of snapping the ball with the same timing on every play, and then I use the fake snap instead of the real snap.

Rarely will I ever have an offensive player false start. Maybe if I fake the snap more than a couple of times.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:59 PM   #7
nWo
Rookie

OVR: 2

I don't think that there's an exact science to getting the computer to jump offsides. I just fake snap at random times throughout the game. If you do fake snap too often, I think the computer recognizes that and doesn't jump as much.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:18 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

The key for less false starts to me is to not do more then two fake snaps per play. Also, if I'm on the road, I wait for the crowd to calm down. I get called maybe once a game for false starts. As for getting the dline to jump offsides, it just takes luck. I can usually get 4-7 calls per game now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »