Home

I noticed something in the running game...

This is a discussion on I noticed something in the running game... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2011, 11:26 PM   #9
Rookie

WestMag's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: I noticed something in the running game...

This has been discussed before. I think its the general concensus that when you hit the sprint button, the Oline releases to block up-field for you. Its cool in some situations but not when youre in a foot race to turn the corner.

28-27
Old 08-03-2011, 11:43 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

Offensive line blocking is just completely broken. Most of the linemen block the wrong people, you run an off tackle play (power O) the TE blocks the outside guy instead of crashing down on the DE. But I don't know getting all that technical may be a bit much to implement
Old 08-04-2011, 12:13 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

This happens in real life though. I'm not sure what the complaint is.

Do you know how hard it is to hold a block on a 300 lb DT or DE who's only goal is to get that ball carrier.

Once the RB becomes parallel with a lineman you can bet your bottom dollar he's going to release from the block and take a dive at him.

Last edited by canefan17; 08-04-2011 at 12:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 05:23 AM   #12
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

So in real life as soon as your back goes to make a move all of your o-line immediately forgets how to block. hmm This usually happens to a player controlled team the cpu o-line hold their blocks no matter what.

Last edited by nova91; 08-04-2011 at 05:35 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:59 PM   #13
Rookie

Dirt DiverX's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by canefan17
This happens in real life though. I'm not sure what the complaint is.

Do you know how hard it is to hold a block on a 300 lb DT or DE who's only goal is to get that ball carrier.

Once the RB becomes parallel with a lineman you can bet your bottom dollar he's going to release from the block and take a dive at him.
No, just no dude.

It seems like it is a penalty for using the turbo button too early. Dating back to previous years it appears to be the same, as soon as you hit turbo your lineman will disengage.
Old 08-04-2011, 05:24 PM   #14
Rookie

attheskylines's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJumpshot23x
It just happened again... i ran a power option out of the pistol formation.

The very second i hit the pitch button, 3 blockers hit the ground, 2 are blindly running no where, and by the time my running back catches the ball, i have one blocker on the OPPOSITE side of the field still engaged in a block. I am tackled 5 yards in the backfield shortly after receiving the pitch. One player is blocking a single defender... That's it..
What difficulty setting are you playing on, Jumpshot? There was a brilliant post earlier today with a video from versuz2 that points out issues very similar to the ones that many of us are experiencing in these kind of situations.

Here's the post, after watching the video, could you tell us if the issues with the blockers being shoved aside seems like the issues in the video? Does simplying triggering the pitch make the defense and your linemen act in a way that just doesn't make sense? Like the CPU knows that when you press a button to then automatically drop your linemen?
Old 08-04-2011, 09:10 PM   #15
Rookie

PurplePitchers's Arena

OVR: 1

For me it's more of lets say my RB is running behind a lineman and instead of blocking the guy in front of him he runs of to block a CB or somthing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 10:35 PM   #16
Pro

cardinals57's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurplePitchers
For me it's more of lets say my RB is running behind a lineman and instead of blocking the guy in front of him he runs of to block a CB or somthing.
I have that happen to me a lot but I hate it The most when they attempt to go after another blocked guy instead of blocking in front of the running back

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »