Home

Problem I have with CB ratings

This is a discussion on Problem I have with CB ratings within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2011, 07:13 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Problem I have with CB ratings

It seems every CB rated 88 overall or better has man coverage and zone coverage at or around 99. There shouldn't be near that many lockdown CB's in college football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 09:39 AM   #2
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Problem I have with CB ratings

yeah most decently rated DB have god like coverage ratings its a new tactic this year to help the D play more effective...

and whats worse is its not only the starting DB's its the 3rd, 4th stringers as well

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 08-04-2011, 10:21 AM   #3
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Clearly the DB AI and super performance above Freshman level is a HUGE issue needing to be tuned, but I haven't checked the rosters, is this really true and the likely cause???
Old 08-04-2011, 11:44 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

So if you had a CB with 80speed 80acc but 99man it would make him a lockdown corner.

It the "man" rating the only variable that determines it?
Old 08-04-2011, 11:46 AM   #5
Rookie

So if you had a CB with 80speed 80acc but 99man it would make him a lockdown corner.

Is the "man" rating the only variable that determines it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 04:13 PM   #6
Rookie

It seems it shouldn't, there are other factors in the equation such as Awareness, Catching(will affect their INTs), Play Recognition (maybe just for front 7 players?), AGI. So if you have a guy that is 99 MC and Zone Cov, but is slow and not fully aware, then technically, he could get beat deep during Man, or make some mental mistakes to blow his coverage. This is how it should work, but I didnt' create the game and not sure how EA implemented the attributes into actual on the field gameplay. Pertaining to the initial post, I haven't really experimented playing with or against "shut down corners," so not sure if a guy that has 99 man but subpar other attributes is an actual shut down corner in the game. It may say he is a 99 in coverage, but does he actually shut your WR down during the game?
Old 08-04-2011, 04:19 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoCares?

It the "man" rating the only variable that determines it?

Well the problem with that is most of the CB's have speed and acceleration around at least 90 too.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:41 PM   #8
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

The three attributes I am working hard on with my rosters in response the CB's is agility, man coverage, and press coverage. Agility is a big one to me because I feel like a higher agility rating is what causes CB's to mirror the WR's with the ability to not lose any speed in a change in direction. Download them if you'd like and give them a try. The team I feel is finished in regards to CB ratings are Florida State, Alabama, and Colorado.

The other big difference is I am tweaking FS's the play like FS's and SS's to play like SS's. I am making SS's better against the run, but not as good in coverage skills and FS's the opposite.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »