Home

Video demonstrating a flaw in the ai

This is a discussion on Video demonstrating a flaw in the ai within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
Rookie

pendo's Arena

OVR: 2
Video demonstrating a flaw in the ai

Very interesting vid from versuz2 showing the cheating by the AI. Hope they can fix this for next year and make the computer play better, not just read the play before the ball is snapped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7EgCILWLDI
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 10:17 AM   #2
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Video demonstrating a flaw in the ai

EA hates this guy but he does a great job of showing and explaining the flaws in AI programming in their football titles.

The CPU DB AI is infuriating, I haven't even been able to find a reasonable level for my passing game because anything above Freshman level and ratings disappear and the CPU suddenly lines up Darrelle Revis's across the board in their D backfield. Sliders don't help, 90% of your completions are because your receiver catches it in coverage with a defender draped on him, and that's on Varsity with pass coverage zero for the CPU.

This game BADLY needs a tuner update released to tone down this problem, DB's like ALL players need to play to ratings.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:34 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Yea, he's exposed a ton. Might help me play smarter, but I'd rather not see it, and then get to tweak sliders better... which also need work.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:38 AM   #4
Rookie

pendo's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
EA hates this guy but he does a great job of showing and explaining the flaws in AI programming in their football titles.

The CPU DB AI is infuriating, I haven't even been able to find a reasonable level for my passing game because anything above Freshman level and ratings disappear and the CPU suddenly lines up Darrelle Revis's across the board in their D backfield. Sliders don't help, 90% of your completions are because your receiver catches it in coverage with a defender draped on him, and that's on Varsity with pass coverage zero for the CPU.

This game BADLY needs a tuner update released to tone down this problem, DB's like ALL players need to play to ratings.
I doubt ea would hate versuz, they hate apex and the rest of the sim standard people, but versuz is in no way a homer for any company. It's funny how people think that because he is on youtube, he must hate ea.

This is a fundamental issue, like the other guy said, all they can do is tone it down for now. Come on new engine ea!
Old 08-04-2011, 12:06 PM   #5
Rookie

jimbo410's Arena

OVR: 0

EA should be ashamed of this......SMH
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2011, 12:40 PM   #6
Stay thirsty my friends

goalieump413's Arena

OVR: 12

This video is very telling, for sure. But I think versuz missed something (please note, I'm not dismissing cheating AI as a possibility, just pointing this out...)

Running plays have OL block forward, beyond the LOS, but on pass plays (not screens), they aren't allowed to pass the LOS until the ball is thrown. In his video example the run play show the OL blocking beyond the LOS, and on the play action, they pass block. These are triggering mechanisms. It's possible that the game is built so that a defender picks up on the run block or pass block indication right away, regardless of the player's AWR rating or a slider adjustment. Once that occurs, and the defender reads pass (OL pass blocking) the defender drops into his zone (with adjustments based on his AWR and sliders). Likewise, once the defender reads run, he seeks the ballcarrier (with the same adjustments).

Now I will say, it's damning evidence that, in this video, the SS knew the run was to the right, and the Will LB knew when the run was to the left. I've noticed a similar occurence while playing as a LB in RTG. When playing as an OLB, the AI tends to run a majority of the plays to my far side of the LOS. When I cheat though, and line up in the middle, over the center, the AI balances where the ball will go a lot more. Maybe someday I'll post a video about this...

Nice work though versuz! I've always enjoyed his videos where he breaks down the game into understandable parts. Hopefully, the upcoming patch will address this cheat and we can make some before and after comparisons.
Old 08-04-2011, 03:40 PM   #7
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendo
I doubt ea would hate versuz, they hate apex and the rest of the sim standard people, but versuz is in no way a homer for any company. It's funny how people think that because he is on youtube, he must hate ea.

This is a fundamental issue, like the other guy said, all they can do is tone it down for now. Come on new engine ea!

I recall a recent gaming article where Ian Cummings spoke disparagingly about him, before he bailed on EA.
Old 08-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #8
Rookie

WestMag's Arena

Another video from the same guy:
http://www.youtube.com/user/versuz2

I think this sheds light on why so many recievers drop balls, allow their routs to be jumped, and get picked off. The reciever always acts as if he is wide open, the DB however, is making a competitive play on the ball.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »