Home

Crowd???

This is a discussion on Crowd??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2011, 04:35 PM   #9
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Crowd???

I remember back with this game a few years ago when the crowd was so loud on my sound system that I actually had to turn down the volume. This year I keep feeling like I need to turn it up, but its almost already MAXED out. IMO, they can get rid of the entrances if they beef up the crowd noise. I want it tough to hear when I crank up my volume.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:46 PM   #10
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

I just hate how College Football is the most decorated sport in America, yet it is so horribly represented in the game. I mean you have rivalry games galore in college football where trophies are on the line on a basically a week to week basis. Yet when you win one of those games you don't see the trophy, nor do the announcers mention that you won the such and such trophy. I want to see guys go crazy on the field holding the trophy up. If I'm not mistaken the PS2 days showed this and even let you put the trophy in your trophy case. It's absolutely horrendous this is not in this gens games. It just takes away the playability of the game. I want to feel the difference between between Michigan playing Western Michigan week 1, and then playing Notre Dame the following week. This game just doesn't show that in any way. The team entrances help, but IMO I think they could have done a lot more with the crowd and atmosphere of the game, rather then adding in 15 or whatever it is entrances. At least I would make that trade. Don't get me wrong I love the game, but so much more needs to be done to make you want to come back for more.

I truly believe more people would hold onto NCAA instead of trading it in for Madden if the atmosphere and college tradition was improved. I absolutely love the NFL but it doesn't have the glamore and tradition that college football has. That is what makes College Football so damn exciting!
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 08-05-2011, 05:00 PM   #11
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I really wish they'd at least adjust the volume of the crowd. I have it maxed out at 100 in the settings and still can barely hear them with my surround sound cranked.

That's all they'd have to do to appease me.
I max it at 100 but turn everything else to 50. Then it sounds a lot better on my surround sound.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2011, 05:15 PM   #12
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

The problem is, EA thinks that we really want to hear what Herbstreit and Nessler are saying, thus it is my belief that this is why they dont really crank up the crowd.
Old 08-05-2011, 05:54 PM   #13
Rookie

DahLZy's Arena

OVR: 3

I was Eastern Michigan and in my fourth year of building them up I beat Michigan at MY stadium who was rated #5 31-30. Want to know what happened? Oh....my QB just fist pumped and it went right to stats. Like wtf?

The crowd would storm the field, field goals would be getting brought down and it would be just going crazy.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:20 PM   #14
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahLZy
I was Eastern Michigan and in my fourth year of building them up I beat Michigan at MY stadium who was rated #5 31-30. Want to know what happened? Oh....my QB just fist pumped and it went right to stats. Like wtf?

The crowd would storm the field, field goals would be getting brought down and it would be just going crazy.
Exactly! If the types of things you mentioned were in the game I think it would really help over shadow any game play flaws. The game is almost there game play wise besides some stupid bugs with coverage and what not, but it's the fact that this game doesn't have much substance to it other than just the game play that hurts it. There isn't any of that extra stuff that we see on Saturday's that makes college football so great. Take a look at MLB The Show. They have flaws in game play area just like any other game, but the fact that they have all of the little things in the game helps it over shadow some of the game play flaws.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea
Old 08-05-2011, 06:53 PM   #15
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattG
I max it at 100 but turn everything else to 50. Then it sounds a lot better on my surround sound.
Oh surround sound.. well la di da...

But yea this irritates me.. They said that "Small crowds will finally sound like small crowds" (its in the presentation video they released back in June, has Herbstreet with the voice over) But I had no idea all would sound like that.

Besides. I have to say this. When Gameday came to lubbock for the TTU vs UT game in 08, Brent Musburger said that he has never heard a louder crowd then Texas Tech considering it is 30-50 thousand people less than your large stadiums. Well we have increased capacity to just under 70,000 at the Jones but... it sounds like we have 7,000.

Now look, if the crowd size would change, then I could understand having a quite crowd. I don't expect to have my stadium rocking on defense if I am up by 35 in the 4th quarter. In fact, I shouldn't see anyone in the stands but I do. But when I nail a game winning field goal with 0:00 left in the game to upset #5 ranked A&M in Lubbock when I am unranked, then I want to hear some passion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2011, 08:51 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 4

Ya, I remember that Herbsreit preview stating that better crowd reaction was part of the new features.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »