Home

i don't get coaching prestige

This is a discussion on i don't get coaching prestige within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2011, 12:15 AM   #1
Rookie

TDTGodfather's Arena

OVR: 2
i don't get coaching prestige

I just took a HC job at ok st. i was OC at SMU before that for like 4 seasons to get my prestige up.

I start the year with A+ prestige. we go 13-1, win the conf and win the fiesta. going into fiesta i'm still an A+.

we win, i go to CC and I'm an A instead of an A+. so since every other coach in existence is an A+

my first job offer is at 3 star 3-9 sdst. WTH??!!!!!!

one of the things that keeps me playing this game for months is jumping from job to job. i really can't believe EA isn't doing anything about coaching prestige.

because of how much i love this game i usually don't even buy madden till december. something tells me i'll be playing madden in a few weeks.
Chicago White Sox
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2011, 12:43 AM   #2
Pro

pjmoore 28's Arena

OVR: 12
Lol. I know how u feel about the coaching prestige and the progression in dynasty. Now on that season did u fail any of ur goals, because those tie into ur prestige and ur job security so maybe failing something took u backwards??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out my Podcast here
Old 08-05-2011, 12:54 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: i don't get coaching prestige

i was just in my dynasty and in CC every major job that i wanted was being looked at by A+ coaches. Almost every single job was taken by an A+ coach and it was completely rediculous.

I just find it hilarious that every major feature they bragged about this year is broken in some way.

3D Grass??!! It's only 3d and looks good in replays...
Custom Conferences? Screws up the number of conference games for teams so that Auburn finishes with a 12-0 record going 11-0 in the SEC.
Custom Playbook? That glitch was highly discussed...
And now Coaching Carousel.. Progression in Dynasty ruins it..
Old 08-05-2011, 01:42 AM   #4
Rookie

MillerTE92's Arena

I think you should have 2 different prestige ratings one for HC and one for OC/DC just because you are a good OC don't mean you are going to be a good HC I mean look at Charlie Weis badass OC but crappy HC
Old 08-05-2011, 01:46 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTE92
I think you should have 2 different prestige ratings one for HC and one for OC/DC just because you are a good OC don't mean you are going to be a good HC I mean look at Charlie Weis badass OC but crappy HC
yup. It seems like you should drop at least a full letter grade when you become a first time head coach.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2011, 01:58 AM   #6

Suntan Superman's Arena

OVR: 11

It's far too easy to be an A+ prestige coach, i mean really, i understand completing your goals and everything is supposed to reap some reward, however, looking at real life, I'd give Bret Bielema probably a B+ in coaching prestige, and he'll go to like an A+ in one year with 9 wins. A 9 win season, A+ prestige does not make. In fact, most head coaches should be in the C+-B+ range the A-, A, A+ should be few and far between, A+ should almost be reserved for guys with rings on their fingers, and I'm not talking Bowl rings, or conference championship rings.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:16 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

dochalladay32's Arena

OVR: 21

Yea, the problem there at the moment is coaches progress too fast. It's probably the reason why people were complaining weeks ago about how they'd move up and then get job offers to low-prestige schools which don't make sense. But if you an A and there are 30+ A+ coaches, then that would do it. Player progression is also tied to it. Solve coaching progression and we might get some where. I wish the people clamoring for fixing player progression (that doesn't have that much wrong with it) would realize it is the coaches.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:38 AM   #8
Rookie

MillerTE92's Arena

I'm also tired of seeing unrealistic coaching transitions like the Clemson OC leaving for the UAB OC job or someone leaving a HC job for an OC job without being fired

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »