Home

It's time that super sim is fixed

This is a discussion on It's time that super sim is fixed within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2011, 02:12 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: It's time that super sim is fixed

You are all correct, supersim is jacked up. Here are a couple of suggestions that I have to work around the issue somewhat (not that we should have to).

In my dynasty as an OC, when the other team has the ball and the clock is running I watch the play. If there is an incomplete pass or anything else that stops the clock I will just supersim. By watching the play and "making" the other team huddle at least a few more seconds come off of the clock.

If I have the ball and it is 4th down and I want to run the play clock down before the punt or field goal, I will call hurry up as soon as the 3rd down play is over. I will let the play clock run all of the way down and either take the delay of game or call a time out.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #10
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
I hate to spam in my own thread... but I just lost a game because the CPU super sim for my offensive coordinator missed a FG on a 4th and goal from the 10, while the game is tied with 8 seconds left. I set them up by doing "aggressive" play call and running 3 times to setup in the middle of the field for the fourth down kick. I was stupid -- I should have kicked on 3rd down knowing that the CPU would mess something up.

Usually these sorts of coincidences don't happen to me. But... ugh. Went to OT and lost the game.

Advice, don't EVER super sim FG's and extra points if you're doing the OC or DC thing, the sim engine misses a bunch of gimmes. WATCH the play, your kicker will be much improved.
Old 08-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #11
Pro

GoToledo's Arena

OVR: 14

Yea I never use it because of the lack of time running off of the clock. Great idea, poorly executed.

Sideshow Bob
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2011, 06:32 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

I like the super aim now just because I get better simulated stats and close to a true amount of plays run that an actual 12 minute game would have. But that's just me.
Old 08-05-2011, 06:43 PM   #13
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8

This is such a great idea and has so much potential... just has the issues and bugs that will be mentioned here that need to be worked out.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:56 PM   #14
Rookie

My main issue with SuperSim is that it locks up on me.

Twice I've blasted my opponent for 3 quarters and wanted to SS the 4th quarter to get the game over with, only to have it lock up.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:52 PM   #15
Rookie

Supersim is a funny thing. I have a question.. Other than time do you think you get different simmer results? For field Goals, no doubt. Watch yours and sim theirs. That was great advice. I let up a game tying touchdown with six seconds left... Kickoff in the end zone. Tied game, six seconds left and my offense has the ball... I sat there and pondered.. Do I super sim or watch....

I watched and to my horror, we ran an option play, fumbled the pitch, they jumped on it and with :01 left they had possession at the 20..... This is after my previous game ended with the game giving them back-to-back possessions in the same overtime period guaranteeing a loss.

Guessed I should have simmed.. I'm fuming.. But I decide to sim their fg and of course they miss it.

As d coordinator my offense seems to get better results by simming but then I let up more yards and points because of the time issue hurting my goals....

As crappy as the time thing is, and as much as it should be fixed, in it's current state I have used the flaws to my advantage just as much as they have hurt me... In my opinion.

Check out my In-Game updates on this twitter:
http://twitter.com/#!/SportsTextDroid

Madden 12 Stats right on my phone!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2011, 11:56 PM   #16
Pro

Bballplaya72's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel10
I hate to spam in my own thread... but I just lost a game because the CPU super sim for my offensive coordinator missed a FG on a 4th and goal from the 10, while the game is tied with 8 seconds left. I set them up by doing "aggressive" play call and running 3 times to setup in the middle of the field for the fourth down kick. I was stupid -- I should have kicked on 3rd down knowing that the CPU would mess something up.

Usually these sorts of coincidences don't happen to me. But... ugh. Went to OT and lost the game.
This post has many errors in it, which in turn makes the post make no sense.

You say you're an DC and the CPU is the offensive super sim. So how would YOU be able to run in the middle of the field to set up the kick? That would be the super sim, and you would have no control over what plays were called.

You also say that you should have kicked on 3rd down. Again, if the CPU is the offensive coordinator, you can't pick plays. Not to mention it doesn't matter what down you kick on if you miss the kick. Other team gets possession.

Then finally you say you lost a game because of a missed kick. That's fine but you also said the game was tied with 8 seconds remaining. A field goal kick is usually going to take 5 seconds. So the super sim missed the kick, how did you lose? By allowing a 90 yard hail mary?

This post just seems like completely made up BS to try and prove a point.

I agree with your premise that super sim is broke. I made an exact thread about it the day the game was released.

But posts like this destroy your credibility when it it comes off as made up crap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »