Home

Moving SMU and Houston to the Big 12

This is a discussion on Moving SMU and Houston to the Big 12 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2011, 10:10 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Moving SMU and Houston to the Big 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by uf12gators
ok thanks good to know. I wasn't about to start an SMU dynasty, have them as a powerhouse in 5 years, and not be able to get out of conference USA.
You would have found out you could move them before you began your second season.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:12 AM   #10
Rookie

justtxyank's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
Ive decided to start a SMU dynasty and once I turn them to a 4 star school I'm planning on moving them and Houston to the Big 12. If I want to be one of the big boys Ive got to get out of the joke of a conference that is C-USA. Since there are no longer conference invites would this be considered cheese?

Sure, ill get beat up by the likes Oklahoma and Texas but in the long term itll help me to bring back SMU to national powerhouse staus -without paying players.

Oh, and having a10 team conference called the Big12 kinda gets on my nerves but Im OCD like that.
I actually did something different. In my world Texas went independent (which it seems it might really want to do anyway) so the Big 12 fell apart. I turned CUSA into the first superconference. Liked that CUSA doesn't have a number attached to it so it's easier for it to make sense.

Atlantic:
Duke
North Carolina
NC State
South Carolina
East Carolina
Marshall
USF
Virginia Tech

Southwest:
UH
SMU
Oklahoma
Memphis
Rice
Arizona
Arkansas
Oklahoma State

I rationalized it mind with ESPN offering a huge exclusive contract because of the basketball and football promise the conference would have.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:26 AM   #11
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ike Slider2
Not neccesarrily cheese, but more along the lines of fantasy.
This. No one in the "Big >XII" wants to see BCS level programs in the state's two biggest cities competing for recruits, it simply isn't in their best interests.

Fun Fact: in 2011 the state of Texas supplied 368 high school recruits to FBS schools (#1 in the nation); 236 (64%) of those kids came from DFW/Houston. If you considered those two cities as a seperate state they would have ranked 3rd nationally behind Florida w/336 and California w/239; Georgia's 167 FBS recruits would rank a distant 4th.

As it stands now the only way the majority of kids from Texas' largest cities can play "big time cfb" is to leave home. Even w/TCU going to the Big East next year that situation is unlikely to ever change.

Last edited by coogrfan; 08-05-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2011, 11:45 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtxyank
I actually did something different. In my world Texas went independent (which it seems it might really want to do anyway) so the Big 12 fell apart. I turned CUSA into the first superconference. Liked that CUSA doesn't have a number attached to it so it's easier for it to make sense.

Atlantic:
Duke
North Carolina
NC State
South Carolina
East Carolina
Marshall
USF
Virginia Tech

Southwest:
UH
SMU
Oklahoma
Memphis
Rice
Arizona
Arkansas
Oklahoma State

I rationalized it mind with ESPN offering a huge exclusive contract because of the basketball and football promise the conference would have.
Can you post your full conference changes? This looks interesting
Old 08-05-2011, 11:49 AM   #13
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
Ive decided to start a SMU dynasty and once I turn them to a 4 star school I'm planning on moving them and Houston to the Big 12. If I want to be one of the big boys Ive got to get out of the joke of a conference that is C-USA. Since there are no longer conference invites would this be considered cheese?

Sure, ill get beat up by the likes Oklahoma and Texas but in the long term itll help me to bring back SMU to national powerhouse staus -without paying players.

Oh, and having a10 team conference called the Big12 kinda gets on my nerves but Im OCD like that.
I fail to see what anyone does offline is cheese.

People.. Don't be so afraid of being called ridiculous non-sense things like a cheeser. You paid the $60. If you want to make everyone independent, who to stop you?
Old 08-05-2011, 12:01 PM   #14
MVP

InspectahDeck's Arena

OVR: 18

In my offline OD with SMU as OC I moved them to the Big 12. I also moved TCU, Boise State and ND in. It was a lot of fun I won 4 NC as OC and finally moved on to take over as HC of Maryland. TCU and Oklahoma became the two best teams in the Big 12 other than SMU. Texas took a complete nose dive and still hasn't recovered. Multiple HC firings couldn't turn them around.

Old 08-05-2011, 02:05 PM   #15
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

Haha, my Ponies just upset #9 Texas A&M in the season opener. Makin' a case for Big 12 material.

Thanks for everyone's input. I'm thinking of moving Oklahoma and OSU to the Big 12 North Division and moving SMU and Houston to the South Division. I'll keep the annual Texas vs. OU Red River Rivalry but now they'll also have the chance to meet in the conference championship game.

Now, I just have to make sure June Jones doesn't get fired before this all comes to fruition.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »