Home

Using Android to update your friends

This is a discussion on Using Android to update your friends within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 04:06 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Using Android to update your friends

I apologize for the shameless plug here, but I am trying to get some real feedback somewhere.

My buddy and I play all kinds of online sports games, and NCAA online dynasties are one of our favorites.. But we were getting frustrated with the lack of status when your friends are playing NCAA-- Are they playing the game or is the PS3 just on, are they playing my OD or another game?

So we started texting each other game updates but wanted to speed it up. So we created an Android App to speed up the updates. There are four of us in our OD, so when I'm playing I send a few texts usually pregame and end of the quarter scores. I use the SportsText app -- click "update Score" type in my score, their score and quarter and hit send and it goes to all 3 of them. I also have a few messages as commish -- Like week advanced, get your games in!, Final Score results, and others.

We have a free version -- so if you have an android and communicate with text messages just try it out -- if you don't like (or if you LOVE IT!) I would love to hear from you.

Link is in my signature. Thanks guys!

Ken

Check out my In-Game updates on this twitter:
http://twitter.com/#!/SportsTextDroid

Madden 12 Stats right on my phone!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2011, 04:49 PM   #2
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: Using Android to update your friends

I usually just update my XBOX friends list on my Droid. It shows me what quarter they're in and what the score is just like it would on the console.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 08-05-2011, 05:51 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I usually just update my XBOX friends list on my Droid. It shows me what quarter they're in and what the score is just like it would on the console.
Good point -- I forgot to mention we play on the PS3 where we don't see any status other than "Playing NCAA Football 12"

That is interesting though -- I didn't know the XBOX shows all that info.

I know it can be done on the PS3 --- not sure why it wasn't this year.

Check out my In-Game updates on this twitter:
http://twitter.com/#!/SportsTextDroid

Madden 12 Stats right on my phone!
Old 08-05-2011, 08:02 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancek00
I apologize for the shameless plug here, but I am trying to get some real feedback somewhere.

My buddy and I play all kinds of online sports games, and NCAA online dynasties are one of our favorites.. But we were getting frustrated with the lack of status when your friends are playing NCAA-- Are they playing the game or is the PS3 just on, are they playing my OD or another game?

So we started texting each other game updates but wanted to speed it up. So we created an Android App to speed up the updates. There are four of us in our OD, so when I'm playing I send a few texts usually pregame and end of the quarter scores. I use the SportsText app -- click "update Score" type in my score, their score and quarter and hit send and it goes to all 3 of them. I also have a few messages as commish -- Like week advanced, get your games in!, Final Score results, and others.

We have a free version -- so if you have an android and communicate with text messages just try it out -- if you don't like (or if you LOVE IT!) I would love to hear from you.

Link is in my signature. Thanks guys!

Ken
Thats a really cool idea and if I had a smart phone I would definitely download it.
Old 08-05-2011, 10:44 PM   #5
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Sorry, can't plug products here, without Steve's permission
Advertisements - Register to remove
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »