Home

Like game but dynasty seasons play too slow for me, any of these ideas sound good?

This is a discussion on Like game but dynasty seasons play too slow for me, any of these ideas sound good? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2011, 07:14 AM   #9
Rookie

Ike Slider2's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Like game but dynasty seasons play too slow for me, any of these ideas sound good

I supersim the 2nd and 3rd quarters, play the 1st and 4th it's fun because you can try to build up a lead early, then try to come back or hold the lead in the 4th.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:22 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Like game but dynasty seasons play too slow for me, any of these ideas sound good

1. I could lower my quarter length from 5 mins maybe to 2 mins?
I wouldn't lower the time. Just chew the clock throughout the game.
I am playing with georgia tech and i run basically every play. i set it on 8 minutes and used chew clock and it goes by pretty fast.

2. I could sim the entire game? Not sure if this is possible since I get utterly annihilated when I sim games.
If you have a good team I would sim games you know you will win.
Play out the games that there is a chance you will lose.
Good advice for doing this is to turn off auto-save just in case you lose.

3. I could choose to sim just my defense and still play offense?
This is what I do sometimes. Just sim the defense and use chew the clock and it will go by fast

4. I could ignore recruiting and maybe let cpu take it over (not crazy about this option but included it)
I wouldn't do this. The computer is terrble when it comes to scouting. They can actually get some good players but lets say that your only position of need was a QB of something else. The CPU will scout you like 5 QB's and you will sign them all but will probably only use 1 of them ever.
When you are recruiting just go after 15 guys to start out, then once some of them sign, you should add 5 more during the season and try to get them, then when the extra recruits show up during the offseason scout 5 more.
Old 08-06-2011, 07:56 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1
I feel you on this. Luckily I didn't buy 12, but I did buy 11. Every game to me seems to play out the same and makes playing thru seasons feel like a chore sometimes. The thing I like about NCAA is the revolving door of players. That's the only part that keeps things fresh.

One thing that would be great is in game saves so that you wouldn't have to finish a game that is taking too long. This series as a whole needs to be freshened up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2011, 08:33 AM   #12
Rookie

cOWASs68's Arena

OVR: 3

Just make it fun for you any way you can. If you really like playing Offense and not Defense, just do that-- or vice versa. If you love the recruiting part but hate playing, just recruit and play big games that are important. No one on here can really tell you how YOU can have fun with this game-- because you know what aspects you enjoy. Personally the whole experience for me front to back is awesome and I can't get enough of ANY part of the game-- so no such thing as moving too slow.

PLUS the game gets months of replay value added if you have friends that play and you are in an ONLINE dynasty together-- much more fun than the offline. Try hooking up with an online dynasty, and battling OTHER players for recruits; playing more user games because playing the CPU gets stale...there's an online dynasty forum somewhere I'm sure where you can inquire more-- and suited to your playing type (BCS Dynasties, 1* only dynasties, etc)
Old 08-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #13
MVP

OVR: 8

I don't get the point. I can play through a dynasty season if I play a game a day in about 2 weeks. What's the big rush of the short quarters, etc. Enjoy the game. I play 7 minute quarters and get done in an hour, including recruiting. You play 5? What's the big deal. You could knock out two games a day in 1hr 45mins I'd say.

I will say if you have 3-4 OOC games that are cupcakes...then sim then if you want. That will eliminate a quarter or third of the season right there. I enjoy playing most games. I will not lie, I sim a game on the RARE occasion in the SEC if its Vandy sometimes, and they are 0-8 and I have a big game the next week against a quality opponent that I know will give me a great game and beat me perhaps.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:24 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Schedule 6 home games and 6 road games. Play your home games and sim your road games. If you win every game you play, and you only play the home games, you could establish your home field as the toughest place to play over the years. A fun little goal to set if your dynasty's getting too mundane. Of course, I only play with 1-star programs and build them into powerhouses.

And what I really love to do with these programs is when I decide I'm going to leave and take over another school the following season, I destroy the roster depth my final year, so the school goes back to garbage after I leave. During the off-season before my final season with the team, I cut all back ups and take on walk-ons to replace the depth (you can do this simply by moving all players you want to cut to kicker or punter during position changes). Then, during the season, recruit across the board the lowest rated prospects at each position. Try to get 25 commits before the end of the regular season, so when the CPU takes over after you leave, they don't have any scholarships left to get some quality prospects.

I don't know. I enjoy building up a 1-star program into a 6-star, then bringing them back down to earth. Sure, they may rebound after a season or two since their prestige may not drop below 4-stars before they're able to field a quality team, but they won't be the same anymore. It's like they got the death penalty by the NCAA.

Last edited by TIMB0B; 08-06-2011 at 11:26 AM.
Old 08-06-2011, 12:45 PM   #15
Rookie

IrishNDFan's Arena

OVR: 0

Perhaps you could just become the OC or DC at the school instead of head coach?

OR...increase the difficulty so you actually don't know if you can win or not. Maybe then you will find that each game will get your heart pumping.

In my current dynasty I am 4-2 and each game has been amazing. I play 7 minute quarters and enjoy every second of each game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 2

I only play games that are even if there is no chance I'll win I have to sim or I would go though 4-5 controllers a week
MLB-Pirates
NBA-Heat

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »