Home

the QB accuracy in this game is beyond awful

This is a discussion on the QB accuracy in this game is beyond awful within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2011, 11:39 PM   #17
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: the QB accuracy in this game is beyond awful

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampshire2012
No way this sliders inverted guys. Just tested practice mode, offense only, luck throwing a variety of routes, and his accuracy on 0 was infinitely worse than on 100. Phew.
It IS inverted. You can't test it in practice mode because sliders apparently react differently in game mode.

I just tested it, playing 3 games with 3 different matchups. Varsity, all user and CPU sliders on 50 except pass accuracy. The cumulative results:

Pass accuracy on 0: 27 for 49 (55.1 percent), 384 yards, 2 INT
Pass accuracy on 100: 22 for 50 (44.0 percent), 297 yards, 7 INT

The stats don't even do it justice because I felt much more in command with pass accuracy at 0 than at 100, which also was an INT-fest.

In summary, this confirms at least 2 sliders that are reversed: pass coverage and pass accuracy. I have a feeling they're not the only ones. I will test others in the days to come.

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 08-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1
0: 20/48, 421 yards, 3 TD, 3 INT
100: 16/32, 155 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT

Hmmm. What felt odd was that the passes felt significantly more accurate on 100 (as they should), but the pass coverage was significantly better. I found it almost impossible to find an open man on 100, whereas on 0 they were always open I just kept missing them.

Do you think its possible EA just have a bug in the code where it reads the USER pass accuracy slider when it should read the CPU pass coverage slider?
Old 08-07-2011, 11:45 AM   #19
MVP

Spanky's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampshire2012
0: 20/48, 421 yards, 3 TD, 3 INT
100: 16/32, 155 yards, 0 TD, 3 INT

Hmmm. What felt odd was that the passes felt significantly more accurate on 100 (as they should), but the pass coverage was significantly better. I found it almost impossible to find an open man on 100, whereas on 0 they were always open I just kept missing them.

Do you think its possible EA just have a bug in the code where it reads the USER pass accuracy slider when it should read the CPU pass coverage slider?
I'm sure EA has quite a few bugs in their slider codes because they don't react the way they're intended and nobody can agree on their effects, other than the fact they are messed up.
But at least EA has 3-D grass for replays! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!

"What? You can't challenge a scoring play?''
Old 08-07-2011, 11:48 AM   #20
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

I have QBA set at 40 for both User and CPU with THR ACC edited in individual player ratings. It gives you a good mix.
Old 08-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm having a similar problem with the speed of "bullet" passes. I could have a guy wide open on a crossing route and by the time the ball gets there the safety and a lb are waiting to go the other way with it. Just seems the passing game is really slow. Suggestions?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2011, 02:15 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky
I'm sure EA has quite a few bugs in their slider codes because they don't react the way they're intended and nobody can agree on their effects, other than the fact they are messed up.
But at least EA has 3-D grass for replays! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!
and dreads
Old 08-07-2011, 06:04 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yeah QB trajectory in this game is bipolar. It's either a lob or bullet. Some fine-tuning is needed for a more controlled passing game.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:16 PM   #24
Pro

MagicMan1315's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjcavsx23
Set the user QB accuracy to 100 and use Andrew Luck, just watch the instant replays they can't even throw good spirals.
Wait wait... is the argument about the spirals or about where the pass ends up? If its for spirals, then well, I got no problem... the ball doesnt have to be perfect every throw.. I have seen my QB throw a variety of different spirals. from the perfect to the wobbly. Just like you will see in every game of football at every level. Even if the ball isnt a perfect spiral.. the ball can still be a great thrown ball.

But as far as the QB hitting his target... It can be somewhat frustrating. But I think it is just about right. You may tell your QB to lead that receiver and he badly overthrows and throws it behind him and its picked off. But I got no problem with it either.. I was watching some of the NFL practices and these guys are overthrowing and missing their targets every now and then too Just like they are in the game. And it was Matt Schaub missing targets, not some 4th string rookie.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »