Home

Will we ever see an increase to the 70 player limit?

This is a discussion on Will we ever see an increase to the 70 player limit? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2011, 12:50 AM   #25
Pro

OVR: 17
Re: Will we ever see an increase to the 70 player limit?

Personally, I can't believe why anyone would be happy with a 69 player roster.....85 is where it's at...like others have said,it bring realism and makes the game much, much better
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2011, 03:23 AM   #26
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversityofArizona
Full rosters
Pick travel rosters
Medical red-shirts
Gray-shirts
Early enrollments
Cut players and un-recruited players should become Juco class

With full rosters you can add more injuries into the game.

With full rosters you could redo progression knowing that freshmen wouldn't be starting nearly as much

With full rosters there would be more intense recruiting battles, and you could probably increase recruiting time to 12 hours a week.

With full rosters you could have more transfers without crippling teams (maybe increase number a little to make up for lack of players quitting teams or being suspended)

With full rosters, ratings could be redone for incoming freshmen where freshmen could play like inexperienced freshmen, and more experienced seniors with more awareness could make fewer mistakes and be generally more reliable. In my opinion the recruiting classes would be generally better balanced since EA wouldn't have to worry about making freshmen come in as good enough players to start since they generally would only be thrown in because of a lack of depth.

Finally, if people had full rosters maybe they wouldn't make judgments about whether or not a player is a bust before that player has even had a year to progress or seen the player on the field because the initial ratings were not high enough to allow that player to start early.
I agree with all of this. My only fear is that when they expand rosters (and it likely will happen eventually even if it's on next gen) they'll just bump the limit up w/o focusing on the other stuff you mentioned.

If expanded rosters means more realistic injuries, recruiting, ratings and personnel management in general I'm all for it. If it's just an increase with nothing else touched why bother. I'll guess we'll get some idea of how EA will handle full rosters since Madden has them this year.

Last edited by poopoop; 08-08-2011 at 06:37 AM.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:53 AM   #27
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
I don't think it's necessary given the way this game handles personnel and injuries. Depth isn't really all that important so a 70 man roster is fine. It sucks having to cut people but chances are that guy you cut was going to just ride the bench and be irrelevant anyway.

It'd be nice to have 85 man rosters but I don't think it'd actually add much to the game.
Agreed. What's the point if none of your OL or DL ever get hurt or progression is as random as it is. I can't remember the last time I saw a defender get hurt in NCAA 12.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »