Home

Forcing a coach to retire.

This is a discussion on Forcing a coach to retire. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-08-2011, 03:53 PM   #17
Rookie

mwink31's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Forcing a coach to retire.

I started out as OC of Miami(Ohio), and after my first year of a 3 yr contract under Don Treadwell (11-2), was offered HC at Washington State for 2 yr, and accepted. After my first year (9-4) and a B ranking, I was offered several OC jobs, and one HC for UAB which I thought was a step down from WSU, so I declined. Halfway though last contracted season as HC, up to B+, and 6-1.

Will be interesting to see this offseason moves....Butch Davis (started my dynasty before he was fired in real life) is on the hot seat with a 19% job safety...would like that UNC job
Old 08-08-2011, 04:21 PM   #18
Pro

gamemaster-2005's Arena

OVR: 8

So Joe Pa will be like 100 years old and still coaching PSU? I simmed 3 seasons and he hasn't left.
Old 08-08-2011, 04:35 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Joe pa will probably die on the sideline before he retires lol but in all seriousness yea I have left a school in the middle of a contract before. So yes you can.
Old 08-08-2011, 06:40 PM   #20
Rookie

phily915's Arena

OVR: 5

be careful with the age thing. i purposely set my HC age at 65 at the start of my dynasty so I could get the job after a few years. After the season where he was to turn 69, he still had a year on his contract and went back to 22 years old. Same with JoePa. So be careful with this. So I have to keep editing there ages. JoePa finally has retired but not my HC
Old 08-08-2011, 10:19 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yeah I saw the age thing fortunately. I ended up stay with Houston one more year, and I adjusted Brian Kelly to 68 again. It also worked in my favor that he had a horrible season. So I ended up getting the Notre Dame job. So it turned out well and I'm entering my 7 th season and 1st with the Irish.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »