Home

Anybody else burned out?

This is a discussion on Anybody else burned out? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-09-2011, 05:00 PM   #73
Ride on Kentucky Kid

doubledeuceR6's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Anybody else burned out?

There are things that I'm burnt out on and there certainly are some issues with the game but I'm not burnt out on the game as whole yet. I do have some frustrating games but have some very enjoyable ones too.

The things that I am burnt out on are:

1: Repetitive animations. (I believe last years game had more variety)

2: Some of the terrible physics like a 200lb RB getting stopped in his tracks from behind by a 180lb CB as if he hit a brick wall.

3: Defensive backs taking unrealistic routes to the ball or clipping through my reciever to knock the ball down or intercept it.

4:Recievers never fighting for the ball and in some cases back pedaling on a comeback route.
Twitter: @CQRDeuce @CQRclub
www.cqrclub.co.uk
Old 08-09-2011, 05:20 PM   #74
Rookie

JakeReaves's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm burned out after only a few games. Gameplay is killing it for me. Once the real season starts and I can really correct some depth charts and packages I will fire it up full-time like I always do. The game is not fun for me anymore though; the ps2 titles still are too close to my heart and were just lightyears ahead as far as fun factor. This coming from a 30yr old..

I'd rather be golfing at this point
Old 08-09-2011, 10:32 PM   #75
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I have also heard certain routes such as out routes were impossible to complete.

I am saying that's quite simply untrue. That cap is an example of that.
I agree with you in that this is the first EA football game where all of the routes are throwable. I've completed the banana routes against man and zone, and even those long developing comeback routes where the WR does a double move at the top of the route. I could NEVER do that in Madden.

I play on Heisman to boot, with QB accuracy at 0 and CPU pass coverage pretty high.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2011, 10:39 PM   #76
MVP

Kaiser Wilhelm's Arena

OVR: 8

Pretty much fed up at this point. Third year of my dynasty as WKU, and I could not enter the game against Arkansas State. It would freeze every time at the same spot.

Ok, so I enter it as a neutral player, but of course my playbook doesn't load so I am running a flexbone offense for some reason.

Ok so I sim until I win, I figure if the game wants to F with me, I deserve a win. Next week same crap. I'm assuming it has something to do with my custom playbook, but regardless I'm sick of having to do workarounds because this game was released in alpha stage as far as stability is concerned.

Whats even worse is the day one patch didn't catch these (or caused them). Whoever their beta testers were should be immediatly fired (if in house), or they should find a new Beta testing group because whoever did the beta missed so much crap.

Whats worse is I want to like the game, because it is so good on the field, but the lack of any stability is aweful. This game is like the house from A Series of Unfortunate Events, its just waiting to crash.
If anybody is interested in a "spiritual successor to the socom franchise, check out this thread.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:12 AM   #77
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10

I burned out last year. I'm so tired of how unrealistic the player movement and physics are in this game. The psychic playcalling and lack of player-interaction animations in the line of scrimmage and between the DBs and WRs end up being the icing on the cake. This game just doesn't look or feel anything like football to me.

I will say that the game is getting closer to replicating real football, but it's at a snail's pace. There's some kind of glass ceiling the developers can't get past. They just don't seem to be able to fix the most glaring weaknesses in the gameplay. Whether that's a technical or programming limitation, I don't know. But in my opinion this game isn't progressing the way it should in regards to the gameplay.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:18 AM   #78
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokes404
I burned out last year. I'm so tired of how unrealistic the player movement and physics are in this game. The psychic playcalling and lack of player-interaction animations in the line of scrimmage and between the DBs and WRs end up being the icing on the cake. This game just doesn't look or feel anything like football to me.

I will say that the game is getting closer to replicating real football, but it's at a snail's pace. There's some kind of glass ceiling the developers can't get past. They just don't seem to be able to fix the most glaring weaknesses in the gameplay. Whether that's a technical or programming limitation, I don't know. But in my opinion this game isn't progressing the way it should in regards to the gameplay.

Generally agree but wonder if it's by design. No competition, why push the envelope? Have to save things for future versions, no?
Old 08-10-2011, 10:23 AM   #79
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Actually i was told in this very thread anything above freshman and the only way to have success passing the ball is if you are exploiting the defense and that I was in denial if I believed otherwise.

I have also heard certain routes such as out routes were impossible to complete.

I am saying that's quite simply untrue. That cap is an example of that.

No, I said to be accurate that above Frosh the CPU DB's play ABOVE their ratings to such an extent they are glued to your receivers 90% of the time, forcing you to throw into coverage for your completions. Yes you can complete them. Yes you can setup play action. I didn't say you couldn't pass, just that there's no satisfaction in bumping the catch slider up so you can complete them with DB's draped over your guys.

Bottom line, the CPU DB, below Heisman level, SHOULD PLAY TO PLAYER RATINGS. It doesn't, not even close.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:45 AM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntan Superman
I was burned out from playing(mainly because I hate the blocking in this game), but then I started playing dynasty in coach mode, and I'm having way more fun watching the players I recruited execute plays themselves without me helping them.
Sounds kind of fun actually. I may have to try this.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »